We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
The Role Responsibilities
Incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Venture Lead/ CEO, SOLV Ghana in managing and leading the Technology arm of SOLV Ghana.
Chief Technology Officer for SOLV Ghana shall be the hands-on technology lead, own the full technology stack build, manage the production/test environment(s), manage technology operations (DevOps, Change Management) and manage vendor / fintech engagements for multi-market multi-anchor SaaS SOLV Ghana platform.
Incumbent will have the first line responsibility for the Implementation of the Technology activities and deliver the Tech strategic vision of SOLV Ghana.
Incumbent will be required to have an appreciation of the country specific nuances and in particular, Strategy.
Business and Strategy:
- Working with the Venture Lead, Product Owners, and partners to lead technology build, evaluate technology trade-offs, oversee vendor engineering engagements, and deliver features and capabilities aligned to the business model to build on the minimum viable product (MVP) to successful global rollout.
- Chief Technology Officer will discuss with partners, fintechs, co-creation clients, and business to expand the offering of the SOLV Business Offerings.
- Co-ordinate, question and interrogate technology opportunities with engineering team and innovate to sustain a competitive advantage.
- Employ a managerial mindset that seeks to optimise the business outcome for the Venture while establishing sound governance, internal process, adherence to policies and processes. This role requires close coordination with the SC Ventures CTO.
- Thought leadership and demonstratable subject matter expertise on use of machine learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, APIs, cyber security, DevSecOps and similar technology applications.
- Establish sound technology operation covering incident management, problem management, service levels (SLAs) and business continuity processes
- Drive the technical vision, strategy, direction and leadership in support of the Venture’s strategic direction and growth aspirations in regards to the various products offered on SOLV Ghana
- Be a leader for the Tech arm of the business ensuring the team under them remains focused and delivers way above and beyond the deliverables
- Proactively manage the allocated budget, minimising wastage and establishing efficiencies and effective from a system perspective.
- Establish close links with colleagues leading other Product segments and/or Product Groups to achieve common platforms and work plans, implementing a One Venture approach to covering all clients from the various arms on the platform being built.
- Act as a conduit during interaction with various stakeholders to pick on market trends, unique needs that we can satisfy and to remain market leaders on the SOLV Ghana Platform Offering
- Overseeing infrastructure and technology operations (e.g Software development/Apps) and evaluate them according to established goals of technical operations.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software/Apps to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Tracking technology requirements and needs.
- Maintaining operations & systems.
- Have expertise and professional experience in software development and deep understanding of technology delivery.
People and Talent:
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for SOLV Ghana Team from a Tech expertise perspective and working in collaboration with the rest of the SOLV Ghana Senior Management Team.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management, target achievement, creating good customer relations and loyalty and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development in order that team members are competent, suitably skilled and qualified for their roles, ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Review team structure/capacity plan to ensure an effective and efficient risk management framework.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Provide feedback at business, function, country, and individual level as appropriate, on Technology Performance which should have a bearing on remuneration pools or individual bonuses (for senior staff).
- Ensure regular and documented management meetings with the senior management team on the performance of the Technology arm of SOLV Ghana.
- In accordance with the Ventures Enterprise Risk Management Framework, act as first line Risk Owner for appropriate and relevant Venture processes.
- Collaborate with the Risk and Compliance Team Members to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Ventures Technology and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks including global standards for conduct of business.
- Collaborate with Risk and Compliance Team and senior managers to support a programme for conduct, financial crime and compliance monitoring, surveillance and/or assurance for the SOLV business in Ghana
- In the event of serious technology regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, working with Risk and Governance, ensure senior management in the Venture and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Working with the Risk and Compliance Officer ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice and dissemination of evolving regulatory changes/practices and associated risks, and proactive engagement in regulatory reform relating to Technology.
- Liaise with the internal audit function to ensure that any weakness identified by the internal audit function relating to the SOLV Tech in Ghana are appropriately followed up and closed in a timely manner.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to the SOLV Ghana business.
- Together with the Risk Team, assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions related to SOLV business.
- Ensure any Technical related global standards are understood and implemented across the area of responsibility, with any identified exceptions, or need for more/less stringent standards escalated when appropriate.
- Attend relevant leadership meetings and provide relevant reports to Senior Management and Governance/ Risk committees for the area of responsibility.
- Working with the Risk Team, identify and escalate potential risks and issues to Senior Management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Ensure appropriate Tech governance measures are in place so that Product approval documents reflect all relevant requirements.
- Propose Control effectiveness and efficiency improvements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Lead key change programmes and projects for SOLV Ghana Tech developments and maintenance ensuring timely and successful deployment.
- Maintain workplans specific to SOLV Tech build projects/ initiatives, and communicate the same to stakeholders in a regular, timely fashion to inform and seek inputs.
- Support and review new business requirements and provide solutions from a Tech perspective for SOLV business in Ghana where required.
- Drive and stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation and deadline management lead to efficient work practices and streamlined functional activities and processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by SOLV Ghana’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve Technology risk related to SOLV Ghana.
- Work with Risk team and relevant stakeholders to respond to regulatory actions/ obligations.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across SOLV Ghana’s business. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and SOLV’s Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve Risk, Conduct, Financial Crime, and Compliance matters.
- Venture Lead, CEO SOLV Ghana
- Management and Staff, SOLV Ghana
- SC Ventures, Group CTO
- Other Tech Heads
- Relevant Regulators
- 3rd party Vendors
- Embed SC Venture’s Brand and Values in the SOLV Ghana Business Team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Expert knowledge of mainstream cloud provider (AWS), Cloud-native services, microservices, contender and elastic infrastructure.
- Expert background in distributed systems, authentication mechanisms, asynchronous event processing, message queues, and architecture patterns.
- Knowledgeable on modern object orientated programming practises including entity frameworks, dynamic reflection, and reusable interfaces.
- Familiarity with 3rd party system integrations via APIs (HTTP/REST), host-to-host (file exchange by FTP), with background jobs processing of real-time, event triggered, and async automations.
- Familiar with OWASP, secure by design, secure coding practises, code scanning, unit testing, dependency management (deprecation, vulnerabilities, licensing).
- Extensive experience with DevOps including pipeline, release management, multi AWS account deployments.
- Required experience in front-end AngularJS, and good to have familiarity with modular frameworks such as ASP.NET Boilerplate, ASPNetZero, ABP.IO.
- Overseeing scrum teams, engineers, and ensuring reliable delivery of sprints, change management of features and bug fixes, and backlog.
- Experience with operating highly-available production financial systems.
- Familiarity with SQL databases, DNS, service discovery, and related infrastructure components.
- Ability to wear multiple hats such as individual contributor to business and technology, team lead, solution architect, facilitator.
- Beneficial is knowledge of FinTech ecosystem, inclusive of Blockchain, Digital Payments, Primer Services as well as other innovations in this space.
- Ability to see the big picture and appreciate the strategic intent.
- A team player with the ability to interact and work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Languages: excellent command of English.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 18th May. 2022