To develop and equip students with Life skills through experiential learning, instruction and guidance on how to effectively handle the challenges and problems commonly encountered in daily life.
Key Responsibilities :
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
- Coach and challenge students to become focused, self-controlled, self-motivated risk takers in order to achieve their goals especially in a world filled with distractions and information overload.
- Motivate students to willingly advance new solutions in the culture/environment in which they work.
- Guide students to the point where they are able to assess the consequences of their own decisions.
- Train students on how to build trust and maintain their networks particularly, in the workplace.
- Give students regular constructive feedback which is essential to creating a high-quality connection that facilitates change.
- Assign students challenging projects to enable them develop critical thinking and perspective taking skills.
- Help students to become self-aware by occasionally requesting them to do some introspection so that they can better regulate their emotions.
- Create situations that help students learn how to identify and cope with stress.
- Give students opportunities to make presentations to build their confidence and verbal communication skills.
- Complete term and other reports on the School Management System when implemented.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Support students through counselling with academic problems and encouragement and mentoring.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations.
- Protect students from all forms of abuse.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students .
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experimental activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Collaborate with teachers and administrators in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of school programmes such as Safeguarding, Gender programming, community project, school work transitions, and workplace experience.
- Agree performance objectives and targets with the Director of Studies at the beginning of every academic year and prepare self-assessments for performance appraisals.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Institute.
Qualifications and Experience
A minimum of a BA/ B.Sc. degree in Psychology or Social Work with 3-5 years’ experience in Teaching and Counselling or in Psychology Practice involving support to the youth.
- Experience with behavior change management
- A team player with a great deal of patience.
- Ability to work with young people
- Able to facilitate programs and manage people
- Able to use computers (word possessor, spreadsheet)
- Knowledge of School Management Software
NB: Male Applicants are encouraged to apply
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 2nd Jan. 2022