Ranked by Washington Technology as a top 100 leader in IT services, Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. If you want to apply your technical expertise to programs that help control infectious diseases, address housing and homelessness issues, and inform policies that create economic opportunities in the U.S. and abroad, we invite you to join our team. Our IT team of over 60 professionals collaborates across 45 offices. As a member of our team, you will be on the front line supporting users around the world. Clients have come to rely on Abt to provide innovative solutions with energy, creativity and top notch customer service. Our company culture of continuous learning supports opportunities for long-term career growth and a balanced work/life experience.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Abt’s computing environment and will also play a key role in implementing new systems as our technology needs evolve. This role requires particular knowledge and expertise in implementing systems that function well in geographies that are still building out reliable IT/telecom/power infrastructure.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Administration and configuration of our Office 365 infrastructure
- Administration of GCE systems in all locations (Tierpoint, Cambridge, Rockville, AWS and International) with a particular emphasis on: resolving system issues, monitoring performance, researching, installing and testing new releases and patches, and applying GPO remediations to audit failures/vulnerabilities.
- Assist the Solutions team in designing and supporting new customer-facing products with a particular emphasis on solutions appropriate to geographies that are still building out reliable IT/telecom/power infrastructure.
- Maintain security controls and monitoring of systems including patching, software updates and other system threats.
- Provide Tier-2 technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Strong communications/training skills with an ability to effectively communicate technical subjects to a non-technical audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related technical field preferred.
- Certificate and/or training in OCP, CDMP, and Microsoft SQL
- Extensive experience with Microsoft operating systems and management tools
- Working knowledge of security best practices
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and Linux system administration in cloud-based environments
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Fundamental knowledge of Networking, Operating Systems, Package Build System, Database Servers, Firewalls, System Imaging and Data Backup Software.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in translating perceived needs into technical requirements
- Strong documentation skills
- Master’s degree and 6-8 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 4 Oct, 2020