AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Integrated Systems Officer .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To manage the technical support and ensure availability (maintenance of existing systems / installation of new systems and peak performance of security systems. This role will play critical part in ensuring that the security management plan is successfully implemented for the redevelopment of the Obuasi mine.
- Ensure all equipment / material required to perform duties are in good working order
- Ensure availability of appropriate levels of essential spares, material and equipment for immediate replacement in event of equipment / system failure or breakdown
- Implement and maintain a work schedule on equipment and materials for planned maintenance work, regular inspections, daily repairs and service and job assignment
- Liaise with Systems Administrator, other departments / clients on request and feedback on specific new installations, equipment and materials
- Ensure availability for afterhours call out on equipment / system failure or breakdown
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all password information change
- Work in close co-operation with the Systems Administrator to ensure that the system functions at optimal efficiency and that upgrades, special and maintenance work is properly scheduled and implemented according to standard
- Strive to ensure 100% system availability and utilization of all systems
- Install special installations on request when and where needed
- Ensure that availability of effective radio/repeater communication
- Maintain work schedules as required for the functionality and maintenance of the main control room and plan
- Maintain inventory listing of all equipment and materials in GSIMS / Plant, equipment rooms, technicians office, workshops and store room
- Maintain relevant logbooks and registers pertaining to the job
- Work and liaise in close co-operation with the System Administrator on equipment / system faults reported, ensure that faulty equipment register is maintained
- Ensure that communication with all colleagues and with stakeholders is professional at all times
- Identify and report all Safety and Health hazards
- Adhere to all safety and health regulations within the work place
- Promote safety and health in the workplace with a view of zero tolerance
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science or a Diploma in Systems Software.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ Security Systems experience or other technical exposure
- Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage
- Completed Electrical Competency requirements;
- Basic knowledge of Electronics
- Must have knowledge of the laws of Ghana and legal codes
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the deliver the planned work to the defined standards
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues driving for results
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH JANUARY, 2021.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 18 Jan. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.