We are looking for an innovative and result oriented Human Resource Manager for Sale Area West Africa. This role is based in Accra – Ghana and reporting to the Vice President – Sales Area West Africa.
The Human Resource Manager is a member of the management team, contribute to the development of the business strategy and strategic initiatives in the organization. Implement the organization’s human resource strategy so that the organization attracts, manages, develops and retains the employees it needs to achieve its current and future business objectives and drive the Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management systems.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s Business Strategy. Provide HR expertise and support to the achievement of strategic business goals
- Develop and secure the implementation of the People Strategy within the organization. Ensure compliance with global policies, local legislation and labour agreements etc
- Evaluate the organization’s future workforce needs in order to recommend changes to the HR strategy and adapt existing HR programs to meet these needs.
- Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of HR professionals to ensure the HR strategy is implemented effectively, within budgets, and complies with all regulations, laws and employment standards.
- Source and facilitate the provision of services from other parts of HR
- Develop, implement and secure follow through on the measures and activities needed to develop a culture of a high performing organization.
- Manage and secure follow through of core HR policies and processes such as Talent and Succession Management, Performance Management, Diversity & Inclusion ,compensation and benefit and Resourcing
- Act as a change agent within the area of responsibility. Support managers in driving change by offering expertise and tools
- Communicate HR Strategy initiatives and process updates to managers and employees
- Liaise with Country HR Officers to support alignment and create synergies with the country
- Employee relations management
- Be responsible for the management of Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management systems
- Ensure the certification/recertification of the various Sandvik sites to ISO 14001:2015,ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards.
- Champion employee health and wellbeing programs
- Preparation of HR reports covering HR activities and trends – Reports to include relevant metrics and analytics
- Direct HR programs-Employee engagement surveys and periodic employee reviews
- Ensure the implementation of all Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures/processes
- Ensure Non-National employees have the required work and residence permits
- Manage local content compliance processes
- Coordinate and facilitate all organizational communication
- Develop Administration policies and procedures
You have a suitable educational background (University Degree, Master’s Degree) and minimum of ten years’ experience within the HR field and its processes. Mining industry experience is a plus. You have excellent communication, engagement and influencing skills. Your way of working is proactive, consultative and business oriented. You are used to working well with tight deadlines and changing priorities and in an international environment. You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, customer and market/business focus, with strong sense of efficiency and people management. As we act in a global business environment, this role requires fluent English language skills and willingness to travel. French language skills would be an added advantage.
We value your drive and personality, characterized by your excellent goal-oriented leadership, integrity and ability to lead and motivate people. You build trust easily and, as an excellent networker, you can communicate effectively with internal and external partners at all levels of the organization. With your strategic and holistic view, you are also able to act on both short-term and long-term objectives. Ability to participate and contribute to the Sandvik global HR community and projects within the following domain: talent acquisition, learning and development, employee engagement and performance management, compensation and benefit as well as HR technology.