Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- Responsible for planning, directing and monitoring of consultants, contractors, and business teams in the safe execution of projects that support the underground mining activities and infrastructure.
In This Role You Will:
- Support the engineering management of consultants engaged in the design associated with capital projects and sustaining capital projects.
- Liaise with the mine operations management team to ensure implementation projects is aligned with operations.
- Report project process on daily and weekly basis.
- Monitor the quality control of direct contracted works as well as Engineering, Procurement Construction Management (EPCM) contracted works.
- Direct consultants, contractors and suppliers to achieve safe project deliverables.
- Process direct contracted progress claims.
Budgeting and Financial Planning and Reporting
- Contribute towards the preparation of statutory reports and budget forecast.
- Assemble scope of works and manage procurement process and contracting for direct managed work.
- Support the development of financial expenditure systems to manage project costs.
- Provide data for the development of comprehensive reports for senior management, joint venture partners and regulatory agencies.
Safety and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
- Identify potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raise, discuss and make resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering – Civil or Mechanical.
- Reasonable understanding of infrastructure and underground mining systems.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in project engineering and/or mining construction management.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- AutoCAD drafting ability.
- Risk management ability.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Work under pressure.
- Combination of office, construction site and underground mining conditions.
- Moist wet surfaces with section of continuous water fall.
- Potential for extreme dust particles and high heat/humidity.
- Noise exposure within the requirements for earplugs or/and ear muffs.
- Dark environment which requires personal attachment of lit head gear.
- Underground conditions include steep decline with section of uneven terrain.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 25 Feb. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.