As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Procurement Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity. This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The Procurement Specialist assures PELA II procurement integrity and optimal functionality in strict adherence to Panagora and USAID rules and regulations.
This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead all procurement aspects in compliance with Panagora procurement rules and regulations and ensuring full compliance with all applicable provisions of the contract, USG Federal regulations, and ADS.
- Responsible for a variety of procurement of goods and services. This includes but is not limited to request for proposals (RFPs), request for quotations (RFQs), grants, consultant agreements, blanket purchase agreements, contracts, purchase orders, and delivery notes.
- Prepares, update and maintains annual procurement plans in accordance with approved work plans and budgeted monitoring tools to ensure timely procurement of required goods and services.
- Reviews all incoming procurement requests, establishes priorities, and performs all required tasks.
- Determines suitable sources of supply through extended local and non-local searches and requests bids and quotations by telephone, correspondence, and advertisement for access to a wide range of public entities.
- Reviews and analyses bids and quotations and recommends the best qualified vendor, considering offered prices and vendor capabilities, reputation, and past performance.
- Prepares RFQs and RFPs, ensuring all requirements are met (specifications, statements of work and evaluation criteria, etc.).
- Organizes and coordinates selection committees for the review of each for bids, and compiles required documentation (bids or evaluation matrices, BAFO letters, etc.) ensuring completeness and compliance.
- Participates in contract negotiations, prepares, and reviews for high quality and accuracy each contract packages (selection memos, restricted screening and other donor requirements, contracts, agreements/grants or purchase orders, modifications, etc.) prior to submission to contracts or agreements signatory.
- In coordination with the activity management team (AMT), maintains and reconciles a tracker of all contracts and agreements in order to record deliverables, issue necessary modifications and/or cancellations, and complete adequate close-out.
- In coordination with the FAM, monitors invoices/deliverables against contracts and agreements and mitigate cost overruns, including coordinating/communicating with relevant vendor, contractor and project paying offices.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy records of all procurement actions and supports the review and audit of procurement files.
- Stays abreast of and communicates any changes in contractual requirements.
- Continuously identify ways to streamline project procedures and processes.
- Negotiates and agrees performance objectives and/or targets with her/his supervisor.
- Performs other tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement, supply chain management or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, including prior experience performing similar tasks within a USAID-funded project
- Solid understanding and knowledge of USAID procurement rules, regulations, and procedures
- Proficiency in record keeping and data analysis
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail, including ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and detail-oriented, with a proactive planning and execution
- Outstanding communications skills, including interpersonal communications and strong writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including working collaboratively, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors is highly desired
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality
- Expert user of MS Office products and comfort with learning new applications as required
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Experience with USAID/West Africa regional mission is preferred
- Local nationals and those with extensive work experience in West Africa, including Niger, Chad, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English and in French
To Apply: Please fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 18th July. 2022