Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking for a Process Engineer on a permanent basis, based in Accra, Ghana. The position will provide process engineering support to the Offshore Asset Teams. The individual will be responsible for inputting to engineering deliverables at design, construction, and commissioning stages of the project. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who drives change, innovation, and collaboration. The successful candidate will supervise Junior Engineers and be part of their development journey.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Baseline the performance of the processing facilities to identify constraints, operating restrictions, and sensitivities.
- Provide day to day and immediate support to the offshore Asset team in tuning and troubleshooting to minimize plant disruptions.
- Provide technical support to ensure that the offshore process stays with the designed operating envelope.
- Undertake front-end engineering studies, as required, to identify and develop performance improvement changes.
- Complete economic studies to support decisions on engineering, maintenance, and environmental improvement activities.
- Manage the implementation of studies and process design changes.
- Ensure technology deployment opportunities are assessed to ensure integration and alignment of subsurface issues.
- Ensure that all proposed modifications allow safe operation of facilities and maintain technical integrity.
- Participate in design reviews, audits, HAZOPs and other technical safety related reviews.
- Identify debottlenecking opportunities & production efficiencies.
- Provide support to the metering technicians for process flow recommendations.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and legislative requirements.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) assessments.
- Liaise with vendors, sub-contractors & appropriate Technical Authority (TA) to improve equipment performance & deliver operational & project modifications to improve operational efficiency.
- Identify, develop, and complete Management of Change, Engineering Change Requests including Engineering assessments.
- Provide process engineering support to project commissioning activities.
- Significant experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry, with Floating Production facilities.
- Experience of subsea systems integrated into FPSO facilities.
- Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Ability to analyse and verify hydrocarbon processing schemes, including gas processing and be able to assimilate technical issues and deliver solutions to problems.
- Ability to develop and run process simulation cases within HYSYS.
- Working knowledge of PI ProcessBook would be advantageous
- Ability to find and mark-up existing documents in a coherent manner for use in coping and implementing changes
- Knowledge of the document control management systems and processes.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or tertiary equivalent Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Escape Training) qualification and UKOOA accredited offshore medical clearance certificate are required for offshore travel to the FPSO – training provided by Tullow when required
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results. A commitment to your personal and professional development. A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people. A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities. Recognition and reward for your performance.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 2nd Jan. 2022