Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is seeking to appoint an Operations Engineer – Mechanical on a permanent basis, based in Accra, Ghana. The selected individual will play a crucial role in Tullow’s future and will have access to opportunities to develop in senior offshore roles.
The position will focus on providing onshore mechanical engineering support for FPSO operations.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Support to offshore teams daily as required. This may include extended periods offshore providing supervision & guidance of inspection campaigns and upgrades projects.
- Support Maintenance department for Daily O&M Operations and Engineering/MoC requirements.
- Coordinate root cause analysis investigations and prepare relevant reports for operational issues which affects HSE, systems availability and production
- Pro-actively search, prepare and deliver/follow-up upon cost saving initiatives.
- Gather all preventive analysis data and liaise with Asset Integrity engineer to improve RBI methodologies
- Provide input to campaign execution lead and operation planners to build up an accurate offshore execution plan for maintenance campaign (e.g., Ex inspections), repairs and upgrades (MoCs)
- Keeping abreast with industry developments with regards to operational inspection and maintenance of FPSO structures and realization of potential benefits to operations at the appropriate stage of technique maturity.
MANGEMENT OF CHANGE / MAINTENANCE / TURNAROUNDS
- Manage the implementation of mechanical MOC’s: working with offshore Maintenance department and 3rd party Engineering Service Contractor to develop recommendations and to produce the deliverables. Gain approval and produce work-packs to implement the MOC’s.
- Liaise with 3rd party contractors to ensure readiness, safety, planning and efficiency of the execution of E&I offshore activities
- Review all associated reports; ensure that all reports and associated maintenance recommendations are adequately populated in the CMMS.
- Review inspection reports collectively at a high level to identify any patterns that may indicate future problems.
AUDITS & VERIFICATION
- Support Maintenance Superintendent and his team to ensure offshore compliance by means of inspection, verification and audit of their allocated areas of responsibility.
- Review existing operational manuals, procedures and performance standards and update as appropriate. Ensure that offshore operation team feedback is captured in these updates
- Audits of third-party contractors and rectification of identified deficiencies.
- Maintain continuous review of operating procedures and planned maintenance activities to support and optimize the efficiency of FPSO operations
- Complies with the Tullow’s EHS Code of Conduct Policy, Standard and Procedures to always protect people and the environment. Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Complies with the TGL Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy and expected training at all times
- +5 years industry experience within the FPSO operations environment.
- Mechanical Engineering or piping Engineering experience with inspection and repair knowledge.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills, culturally aware with experience of working with diverse workforce.
- Track record of analysis capability and experience covering mechanical static or rotating assessments.
- Experience of in-service repair activities.
- Ability to find and mark-up existing documents in a coherent manner for use in scoping and implementing changes
- Proven capability and experience in leadership and management of third-party contactors and junior team members.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and a high level of analytical ability to identify and resolve non-recurring problems.
- Shows evidence of good organization and project planning skills.
A bachelor’s degree or tertiary equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities. Recognition and reward for your performance.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 15th Jan. 2022