This role is individually accountable for ensuring security of staff and property, investigation of security breaches, theft, fraud and other irregularities, and the maintenance of security equipment. The incumbent will also carry out forensic investigations of financial crime across Old Mutual Ghana businesses. The incumbent will work with internal and external stakeholders in order to carry out this mandate.
Job Title: Chief Security & Forensics Officer
Duties And Responsibilities
- Implement physical security standards by conducting relevant assessments, ensuring all risks are relevant and appropriately addressed to ensure people, assets and operations are adequately secured and best practices shared.
- Implement the personal protection standard through introducing/implementing sustainable security protocols as it relates to air concentration risk, country emergency evacuation, executive close protection, secure mobility, staff activity threat assessments, travel/hotel/and event security as well as sharing best practices
- Ensure all reports are timely and assessments carried out with documented results and recommendations for changes.
- Medium to low-risk security protocols addressed and risks mitigated.
- Identify/locate and partner with providers to ensure country emergency evacuation protocols are continuously active.
- Collaborate with HR/Risk/Management to develop/implement security and health and safety process/training for employees.
- Carry out forensic investigations of financial crime across Old Mutual Ghana businesses including Claims investigations on our products
- Responsible and accountable for leading, conducting and reporting on forensic investigations into customer, employee, supplier, and agent/broker misconduct as well as Due Diligence investigations.
- Identification of risk & control breakdowns and consideration of practical pro-active measures that could be implemented to avoid a re-occurrence.
- Achieve investigative objectives through quality, in-depth reviews and deliver quality investigations.
- Obtain and interpret all relevant information with regards to the investigations
- Conduct, plan and execute investigative fieldwork
- Submit formal factual reports pertaining to all investigations and make recommendations to mitigate the risks identified.
- Ensure that the relevant actions and consequence management is taken in conjunction with various stakeholders (i.e. HC and management).
- Testify in internal and criminal hearings as required.
- Liaising with role players in law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
- Assisting in preparing cases for prosecution and presenting evidence at criminal and civil trials.
- Assist where necessary with drafting disciplinary charges and act as the initiator/presenter.
- Maintenance of evidentiary material to support the findings and the contents of cases investigated.
- Manages client and stakeholder relationships, including providing regular feedback to stakeholders
- Conducts branch visits to identify policy and regulatory non-compliance, identify fraud, perform forensic audits, provide fraud awareness training, and coach line managers
- Investigative Mindset
- Report writing
- Problem-Solving skills
- Initiating Action/Proactive
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Mathematics/Statistics, Risk Management, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Forensic Audit/Investigative experience
- Relevant forensic qualification
- Experience in the security services desired
- Ability to run forensic assignments
- Experience in case management
- A team player with an investigative mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel on assignments