Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce, and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Storekeeper
Responsible for receiving, storing, assembling, packing and/or unpacking of goods as well as delivering/issuing goods from the store.
To also perform a variety of routine warehouse duties involving the receiving, unloading, inventory, storing, movement and distribution of goods and materials at the warehouse
Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion and responsibility at all times.
- Adhere and comply to all stipulated Warehousing and Materials control regulations.
- Ensure all warehouse operations are in compliance with safety requirements promoting the company’s safety culture.
- Ensure a clean and tidy workspace is kept at all times
- Maintains receipts, records, and stores withdrawals.
- Files and distributes required documents according to procedures
- Checks materials and supplies and reports when stock is low.
- Conducts stock counts as per procedures.
- Receives and unpacks materials and supplies.
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes.
- Supervises the packing away of receipted goods.
- Issues goods according to procedures.
Training & Experience
- Senior High School Certificate with Mathematics and English.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Supply Chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- ERP/EAP System knowledge.
- Mining business acumen.
- Warehouse Management
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in warehousing.
Training & Experience Continuation
- Good communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic understanding of warehouse inventory control systems.
- Good Writing Skills
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven
- Work Under Pressure.
- Works at the Ahafo mine
- Heat, dust and strenuous activities