Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
Job Title: Procure-to-Pay (P2P) Tax Analyst
About This Role
- To provide support expert tax advice and support to the Procure to Pay Manager to achieve departmental goals, including statutory tax compliance in the areas of indirect taxes and taxes collected.
In This Role You Will
Statutory Tax Compliance
Execute all functions in relation to VAT Relief Purchase Order (VRPOs) and Tax Credit Certificates (TCCs). These include:
- Issuance of VRPOs for applicable transactions.
- Account for and jointly review Vat Relief Purchas Order usage with the Ghana Revenue Authority.
- Maintain adequate VRPO stock at all times.
- Coordinate timely issuance of Vat Relief Purchase Orders to suppliers.
- Coordinate timely issuance of Tax Credit Certificates to suppliers.
Work with the tax officials in relation to VAT audits and refunds. These include:
- work to provide supporting documentation and explanations to VAT auditors.
- perform relevant reconciliations to support Newmont’s position etc.
- Review daily supply chain Purchase Order tax report to guarantee correct VAT rates are being applied properly for smooth issuance of VRPOs.
- Ensure timely distribution withholding tax certificates to vendors.
- Ensure timely distribution VRPOS to vendors.
- Provide timely response to queries from retained Account Payable (AP), Infosys and vendors on withholding tax relates issues.
- Lead system tax configurations.
- Perform annual refresher training to Buyers, Contract Administrators (CA’s) and AP teams.
- Perform quarterly HSRP user acceptance testing.
- Review purchase and service orders for proper coding and tax compliance.
- Support Tax by getting all original invoices from respective stakeholders.
- Ensure proper filing and record keeping of VAT invoices.
- Maintain a register of VRPO and Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) distribution.
Your Training Skills And Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Taxation, Commerce or related field.
- Appreciable level of technical knowledge of taxation and accounting.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Between 2 to 3 years post degree, part qualification in professional accounting / taxation.
- Coordination between multiple departments.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Advanced verbal and written communication.
- Computer skills.
- Decision making.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Continually learn.
- Position is located at our Accra Regional Hub.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
The salary range offered for this role is $. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance. This role also will be eligible for participation in a discretionary long-term incentive program, pursuant to which an employee may receive awards based on their level and individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.