Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with a conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
Job Title: Analyst, Identity Operations
Who we are:
The Twitter Service organization within Twitter creates meaningful connections with our customers that promote healthy exchange in the public conversation. We do this by developing customer support solutions at scale in a rapidly changing and global environment. Whether we’re optimizing operations, guarding the health of the service through proactive and scaled enforcement, or driving content and support channel strategies, we’re with our customers every step of the way. We love what we do, and our team has a ton of fun along the way.
Twitter Service is seeking an Identity Operations Analyst who will be responsible for designing and implementing operational solutions that serve the needs of our customers, stakeholders, legislation, policies, standards, and best practices in the Africa market. To help us drive our vision forward, we are looking for an experienced, data-driven and solutions-oriented individual that can work across teams to ideate and execute solutions with speed and quality.
What you’ll do:
As an Identity Operations Analyst, you will deliver efficient and high quality Identity enforcement models, and act as a point of contact for complex, nuanced issues. In addition to this, you will participate in, contribute or lead cross functional projects with partners throughout the company to implement and operationalize policies and internal tools and features. You will also become an expert in all user Identity issues that we support, including but not limited to account impersonation, account security, access remediation and copyright.
- Use market specific knowledge, signals and insights to design and implement scalable solutions to improve the Identity support of the Africa region, starting with West African markets
- Develop and manage relationships with cross functional teams in your region,market and beyond to develop meaningful and scalable market solutions
- Work with other market teams to support the development of a standardized market solution Strategy
- Identify and help scope market and regional market goals
- Design and implement scalable Identity enforcement operations
- Act as domain expert and point of contact for internal partners and vendor partners to review and analyze complex issues
- Work cross-functionally and globally with Policy, Product, Engineering, and other internal organizations across Twitter to execute and drive partnerships
- Partner with user facing teams such as Global Content Partnerships, Sales and Public Policy to understand their customer needs
- Be able to understand and articulate our enforcement strategies and represent the team in cross functional discussions with key stakeholders
- Analyze reports and dashboards to monitor and investigate Identity related trends
- Lead project initiatives to find new and innovative ways to consistently improve Identity efforts and user experience
- Manage communication with vendors partners, including answering questions, providing support and working collaboratively on scaling solutions
- Develop and deliver training on various policies and workflows as required
- Help define quality review guidelines and perform quality audits as needed
- Ability to review sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
Who you are:
Twitter is looking for a passionate team member with excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills, experience in supporting user/consumer operations in the Africa region (especially West Africa) and, of course, tons of enthusiasm for helping people and supporting Twitter’s fast-growing user base.
What you have:
- Experience in handling user reports and/or high-priority support and/or enforcement issues
- Strong analytical skills, metrics driven and experience in business/data analytics
- Experience gathering and analyzing data to influence business decision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and highly developed social skills
- Experience supporting high profile and/or publicly visible individuals either directly or in partnership with their representatives
- Influence and collaboration skills to affect change with cross functional stakeholders in order to align the support experience with customer needs and priorities
- Flexibility; open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Experience with working on projects both independently and within a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas concisely and clearly, and to solve problems collaboratively and proactively.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and proactively, especially during critical situations
- Continuous improvement mindset, in particular related to Copyright, Impersonation, Online Identity, Account Security, and Verification related workstreams
- Experience working with Service Cloud, JIRA, Tableau, or similar software. Service Cloud admin skills, basic programming and/or experience in automation a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent local degree or experience required.
- A deep/nuanced knowledge of the Africa market (especially West Africa), with regards to cultural issues, political issues, market events, and typical online user behavior.
- Expert understanding of operational metrics, and strong experience analyzing and using data to identify the root cause of problems, translating trends into actionable insights, and delivering process improvements at-scale.
- Minimum of 4-5+ years of related experience within Identity operations, project or program management, preferably in a fast-paced online support environment or a role involving vendor relationship management.
- Languages Required – English, Pidgin, French (highly preferred)
- Ability to travel up to 10%-20% to global offices and vendor locations
- Twitter is committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. Twitter does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
- Twitter is partnering with RDK Consulting Services to fill these roles and provide the described services for Twitter in Ghana.