The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is seeking applications from nationals of Ghana for a new post of National Programme Officer for Health and Wellbeing in Ghana.
Additional information about UNESCO and its work on education for health and wellbeing is available from the website: https://en.unesco.org/themes/health-education/ .
Duties and requirements
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director General for Education, guidance from the Head of UNESCO Office in Accra, direct supervision of the National Professional Officer for Education, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the planning, implementation and monitoring of UNESCO’s work on education for health and wellbeing. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for supporting the National Programme Officer for Health and Wellbeing as follows:
- Support the implementation of Health Education, School-Related Gender-Based Violence (SRGBV), Early and Unintended Pregnancy (EUP), and HIV teaching and learning materials at the school-level through building the capacity of in-service teachers, mentorship and support supervision.
- Coordinate the process of documenting best practices of promising Health Education interventions and programs at the school level in Ghana to inform key areas of Health Education mainstreaming with the education sector.
- Support promote the publicity of the Health Education programme by tracking key implementation results to be used for communication purposes.
- Provide guidance to in-service teachers towards the formulation & implementation of school based guidelines (including codes of conduct) responding effectively & expeditiously to reports of gender based violence.
- Engage all partners both at the national, district and school based levels towards the development of a project results based monitoring and evaluation framework and practices for Health Education implementation within the selected project schools.
- Coordinate the process of conducting surveys and midterm and terminal evaluations using both quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection, and ensure timely submission of M&E reports to inform programming.
- Support the integration and utilization of HIV sensitive indicators within EMIS through development of research & evaluation around Health Education for young people aged 10 – 24 years to enhance the evidence base for planning and implementation of HIV and Health Education programmes.
- Support schools to strengthening linkages with Health Education service providers, parents/guardians and other community leaders to ensure promotion and access of equitable and youth friendly and gender sensitive SRH services for young people.
- Participate in appropriate country based forums, inter-agency meetings, and thematic groupings as required, with particular attention to health education, gender equality, response to HIV among adolescents and young people, to early and unintended pregnancy, and to school-related gender-based violence.
- Ensure timely submission of all narrative and financial reporting on elements related to the project as appropriate.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in a relevant field, especially education, social sciences ,public health or related fields.
- At least two years of relevant work experience in education, health education or related areas.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in project and programme implementation in partnership with governmental partners and civil society, and an ability to report on implementation.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of the country, of the development work and of the education sector.
- Good knowledge of, and high level of technical writing skills on, HIV prevention, Health Education, SRGBV, and UNESCO’s Strategy on Education for Health and Wellbeing.
- Credibility and confidence, with networking and high level representational and partnership building skills, involving a wide range of partners (including relevant Ministries, other UN Agencies, Cosponsors, donors and civil society).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize and deliver to deadline, as well as work under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English.
- Good knowledge of French.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 10 March. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.