Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To conduct mechanical maintenance, deployment, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, and testing of equipment on drills, shovels, and support equipment, according to OEM specifications and safety standards to ensure equipment availability and optimal mining operations and production.
- Perform routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment, ensure effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of drills, shovels, and support equipment.
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, coordinate with support services.
- Perform installations, maintenance, and repair activities, in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop after PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time to Repairs (MTTR).
- Check all malfunctioned machinery and equipment and conduct root cause analysis to diagnose whether to repair or replace.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs for the day and submit the report to the Supervisor.
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies, and protocols.
- Inspect the equipment to check and identify any mechanical and basic electrical risks.
- Attend daily prestart meetings.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned by the Maintenance Shift Supervisor.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Mechanical Engineering Technician certificate.
- Mechanic Trade training, apprenticeship.
- MINCOM certified as Inspection Engineer as an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of maintaining Drills. Shovels and support equipment.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of CMMS/ERP
Minimum of 3 years’ mechanical maintenance experience in a mining plant / process environment, preferably repairing and maintaining drill, shovels, and support equipment.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be required to work in confined spaces and may be exposed to vibration.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The incumbent will occasionally lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, earplugs, and dust mask according to working conditions.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 17 March. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.