No views yet
At Last Mile Health we do things differently, despite the challenges. Do you thrive in results-driven, high-growth, environments and have demonstrated experience in international development operations? If so, you may be our next Managing Director, Operational Support.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Managing Director, Operational Support (MDOS) is responsible for developing, coordinating, and deploying high quality operational services requested by our country programs across Africa. The MDOS will lead a team of operational experts based in Accra, Ghana that will deploy a range of technical assistance and capacity building supports in service of country program strategies.The MDOS will partner closely with Country and Program Directors to plan for and co-design support services, and will ensure integration of various operational support workstreams across other programmatic and business services teams.
The MDOS will be the head of country for LMH’s Ghana operations and serve as a key member of Last Mile Health’s Leadership Council. In this position, the MDOS will help shape the vision and scope of the Operational Support (OS) team’s work and will lead many operational support initiatives related to procurement, logistics, technology, people operations, and other areas of operations.
The MDOS is a new role responsible for launching a new team in a new country setting. As such, the first 3-6 months will be critical for achieving key success factors, including:
- Hire several new employees on OS, building alignment and cohesion within the team.
- Begin to engage deeply with program country leadership to understand and plan for their operational needs.
- Begin designing systems for planning and deploying operational support services.
- Launch our Accra, Ghana office, ensuring that office operations are efficiently executed, safe, compliant, and legal.
This position is located in Accra, Ghana and Ghanaian nationals will be prioritized for this role. This is a remote position until an office is identified and established.
What You’ll Do
- In coordination with OS team members and country teams, develop policies, standard operating procedures, and other tools to help launch and operate country programs.
- Develop and improve processes to support technical assistance coordination across country programs, including estimating future technical assistance needs and how human resources will be allocated.
- Co-lead a resource allocation working group with other leaders, designed to estimate, deploy, and evaluate human and financial resources to provide technical assistance to country programs.
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of operational experts responsible for delivering a range of technical assistance, shared services, and capacity building to LMH’s country programs.
- Provide developmental coaching and management to the OS team and ensure integration of various operational support workstreams.
- Oversee and / or coordinate operational support initiatives related to procurement, logistics, technology, people operations, and other operational areas; provide direct technical assistance as needed.
- Integrate a range of operational support data to understand and act on the performance of Last Mile Health’s technical operations, operational services, and overall operational strategies.
- Build and maintain relationships with Ghanaian partners and vendors, including the INGO community, legal services, and government partners.
- Develop appropriate operational policies to meet the evolving needs of LMH in Ghana and support in the production of key operational policies in LMH’s other country programs.
- Serve as the head of LMH’s Ghana office, including oversight of facilities, incorporation and registration, legal and compliance, and employee duty of care; support colleagues to manage day-to-day logistics, as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Significant, demonstrated, experience in international development operations.
- Broad-based knowledge of INGO operations in sub-saharan Africa, or resource limited contexts, including expertise in one or more of the following areas: supply chain, procurement, logistics, or general operations.
- Significant experience as an Operational Support Team Lead, a Country Director, Deputy Country Director, or Director of Operations.
- Experience leading teams with the ability to hire, manage, and develop a wide range of capacities and talent.
- Strong project management experience and the ability to establish a systematic course of action to ensure project completion.
- Significant experience in high-growth environments and helping to bring organizations and initiatives to scale.
- Ability to travel to all of LMH’s offices up to 20% (dependent on COVID-19 travel limitations).
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have startup experience and the ability to continually assess needs and pivot in a autonomous environment.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 10th Oct. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.
Job Fraud Alert.