We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Maintain Financial reporting integrity and review all data included in the financial reports for accuracy and completeness
- Perform trial balance and general ledger reviews to confirm appropriate accounting and statement in books based on the above lists
- Engage with Country Finance team for data reviews and confirmation on posting journals for appropriate rectification and adjustments to ledger data
- Engage with IFRS reporting team to ensure that reporting actions based on past-quarters’ group queries have been completed and do not recur
- Perform quarterly analysis of movements in balances, variance and identify business reasons
- Working closely with stakeholders across Country finance, Business finance and Group Finance teams and manage expectations.
- Complying with all governance requirements – Process metrics review, Service review calls, BCP.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide timely information and support
- Engage and collaborate with Country and Group teams for process, knowledge and change management
- Contribute effectively as Scope and GFS Extended Leadership Team for GSSC and GFS initiatives as necessary
- Proactively communicate with the FORM on operational Risk Issues. Escalate significant events to FORM as appropriate.
- Coordinate and consolidate Operational Risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the FORM. Ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings or breaches to FORM.
- Assist FORM in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives
- Ensure that all processes and procedures within the unit are properly documented and continuously updated in DOIs and Process flows
- Qualified Accountant is a must – CA, CPA or CIMA (UK)
- University degree preferable in Business or Accounting. MBA will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years post qualification relevant work experience in a Financial Reporting role preferably in a financial services industry with specific experience in performing analytical reviews of legal entity/statutory reporting (schedules and data) with business in focus
Skills – Functional
- knowledge of IFRS reporting standards and practices
- Working experience in different financial and accounting systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent network building and strong interpersonal skills to work with people from diverse culture and background.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity of how people, process and systems can perform better
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism, with the intent to do the right thing at all times
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 28th June. 2022