LuccaHealth, Ghana’s first and only Multi-Specialty and Ambulatory Surgery Center, is seeking its Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) to direct and coordinate all aspects of the nursing functions to support operations, processes and nursing staff of the medical/surgery center. The CNO will report to and collaborate with the President to lead LuccaHealth’s growth, with the goal of providing the highest quality patient-centric surgical services to West Africa’s growing consumer population.
About LuccaHealth Medical Specialty Center
LuccaHealth Medical Specialty Center (“LHMSC”), a BlackIvy endeavor, provides quality, patient–centric health care to Ghanaians and the greater West African population. LHMSC has access to on-site laboratory, pharmacy and other ancillary services. LHMSC has partnered with New York University’s (“NYU”) School of Medicine to offer patients telemedicine consultations in Accra and referrals for more complex surgeries to New York University Langone Medical Center. LHMSC will offer the following medical specialties: Cardiology, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Internal Medicine/Nephrology, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology and Urology. By year 2022, LHMSC will target providing the West Africa community with c.45,000 specialty consultations annually and c.6,000 ambulatory surgery center procedures annually.
Job Title: Chief Nursing Officer
Anchored in Ghana, Kenya and Tanzania, BlackIvy is a values-driven company that builds and operates commercial enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa that unlock new sources of growth. We develop businesses that serve the needs of the growing consumer population.
Located in the East Legon community of Accra, LHMSC’s two facilities are located less than 15 minutes from Kotoka International Airport.
- Manage the day to day clinical operations, including, but not limited to adequate staffing to support the hours of operations, safe patient care and quality assurance;
- Partner with the leadership team in overseeing the implementation of all aspects of operations for the medical facilities;
- Recruit and provide on-going management of to up to 30 clinical support staff (e.g., clinical nurses, allied health professionals; responsible for training and on-boarding of all clinical staff;
- Manages the department budget;
- Other duties and defined and agreed upon.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, with at least 2 years as the clinical lead for an ambulatory surgery center or multispecilaity practice that included daily surgical and medical procedures;
- Knowledge and experience with ambulatory care Joint Commission accreditation would be beneficial;
- Knowledge and experience with ongoing development of electronic medical records would be beneficial;
- Demonstrated track record of collaborative leadership in a global, diverse team environment;
- Candidates for the LuccaHealth CNO position should embody BlackIvy ‘s core values: Partnership, Relentlessness, Forthrightness, Humility, Imagination and Courage;
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial skills and interests;
- Experience planning, designing and starting up of ambulatory practice or ambulatory surgery center;
- Minimum of Masters’ degree in Nursing.
- Two (2) years
- Relocation to Accra is required
- Ghana Nursing License to be obtained after relocation to Ghana
- Competitive compensation based on U.S. salary levels
- Relocation assistance provided
Closing Date : 26 May, 2020