Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa , a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Spa Concierge
To take 100% responsibility to exceed the guests’ expectations in accordance with Resense’s spa vision, core values and all related brand standards, procedures and policies.
- To deliver the whole spa experience to a high standard and ensure the guests’ needs are cared for in alignment with Resense training and all standard operating procedures.
- Care for the guests’ from beginning to end.
- To ‘connect’ and communicate with your guests. Get to know and understand them and record preferences and information as required.
- Go above and beyond to accommodate guests’ needs and requests
- Greet all clients with name recognition, a welcoming smile and a clear but soft tone of voice.
- To engage directly with the guest, listen and anticipate their needs with genuine and sincere attitude.
- Be fully knowledgeable of Resense Spa treatments, services and products, able to advise guests as to the relevance and suitability of treatments according to the guest’s needs.
- To consult and advise guests as to a sequence of treatments or a programme in both the spa & fitness.
- To recognise and acknowledge all spa and fitness guests and members, remembering their names and any other relevant details.
- To organize scheduling to maximize use of time and profitability whilst ensuring that the client’s needs are of first importance.
- To co-ordinate guests consultation records with the Therapists.
- Respond to guest’s bookings and queries in a professional manner.
- Promote and up-sell spa services and retail sales.
- Record reservations and manage the appointment schedule ensuring the update and management of client profiles.
- Conduct confirmation calls.
- To be responsible for all billing procedures at the reception desk and the correct reconciliation of funds at the close of each shift and at the end of the days work.
- Complete daily opening procedures and check lists per relevant area daily.
- Ensure the reception area is clean and presentable at all times.
- Coordinate availability of treatments and staff to ensure prompt service according to the relevant skills of the therapists.
- Assist with administration duties such as, purchasing, receiving and inventory reporting.
- To have a professional attitude at all times, particularly with regard to punctuality, appearance and general manner.
- To ensure that all administrative procedures run professionally and prepare daily reports as required.
- To supervise and conduct the safety of users and equipment in the spa and receive training to ensure that all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety and Health and Hygiene standards are implemented and monitored within the spa.
- To recognize the importance of ‘connecting with the guest’ in every aspect of your role.
- Must attend all training courses as deemed necessary by the Spa Manager.
- To participate in training and personal development programs within the spa.
- To perform any other duties deemed reasonable by Management.
- To be responsible for preparing the reception for the next shift.
- Ensuring all messages have been passed on before leaving and that adequate supplies of all public information material are available.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- One (1) year reception experience in an international standard spa or hotel.
- Telephone system operations.
- Computer literate with experience of ‘in house’ booking/database systems.
- Desktop publishing an advantage.
- Good level of education.
- Business Administration/Personal Assistant/Secretary Certificate an advantage. Sales and/or customer service training an advantage.
- Knowledge of Natural Therapies. (Preferable)
- Client facing experience within reception or front of house.
- Telephone system.
- Business writing.
- Additional language an advantage.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to
please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service.
We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.