Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Hair Stylist
The Hair Stylist ensures to take 100% responsibility to exceed the guests’ expectations in accordance with Resense’s spa vision, core values and all related brand standards, procedures and policies.
- Provide a truly memorable experience with the highest level of comfort and service, creating a genuine, welcoming, inspiring & safe salon environment for all guests.
- Perform hair care services including cutting, styling, blow-drying, hair colouring and permanent waving, conditioning treatments, formal evening designs i.e.wedding.
- Perform hair care services including cutting, styling, blow drying, hair colouring and permanent waving, conditioning treatments, formal evening designs i.e.wedding
- To listen, consult with guests and members that accommodate their needs and achieve their goals.
- Communicate and work effectively with the entire spa team, including spa concierges, stylists, therapists & attendants to ensure a seamless experience for the guests.
- Fully support the Spa Manager & Assistant Spa Manager
- To set an example at all times of the highest standards of professionalism, attitude and appearance for the rest of the spa team.
- Be very knowledgeable of all treatments, services and operations of the spa & salon including barber services.
- Understand and implement all Resense Standard Operating Procedures & Policies.
- To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the facility at all times. Communicate and work effectively with the entire spa team, to ensure a seamless experience for the guests.
- Proactively educate clients regarding hair care.
- Promote / upsell hair care, skin care, and make up items to guests as requested which includes; making personal recommendations and softly “upselling” the client.
- Adhere to correct payment processes and policies.
- Clean work area after each service has been performed. Sweeping cut hair up, wiping workstation and mirror clean. Perform general shop duties.
- Maintain supplies needed at station. Advise salon manager of designate item needing to be purchased.
- Unpacking and neatly storing hair, nail and skin care items needed in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist in the co-ordination of salon services with other spa programmes.
- Serve as catalyst to promote salon services to members and hotel guests.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
- To supervise and conduct the safety of users and equipment in the salon and receive training to ensure that all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety and Health and Hygiene standards are implemented and monitored within the salon.
- Work with the Salon Manager in the formulation of plans for projects and other areas.
- Ensure individual is well versed in all aspects of the spa’s operations. i.e. Business telephone usage, guest relations, spa services (massage, scrub, facial, etc.), retail sales
- Assist in the operations of all spa departments as required:
- Fitness, Front Desk/Receptions, Boutique, Sales and Marketing
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Five (5) years’ experience in an international standard hair Salon
- Ladies and Gentlemen’s Hairdressing Certification
- Any additional hair salon skills welcomed
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- To maintain inventory of supplies for the operations of the Salon.
- To maintain accurate as required by provincial regulations.
- To attend weekly/monthly salon departmental communication meetings.
- Hair Cutting Skills – Ladies – Gentlemen – Children
- All colour and Perming techniques, Hair Extensions
- Willing to work shift hours including weekends
- Articulate verbal and written communication (English), Self-
- motivated,exceptional interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and empathetic,
- sales oriented, Professional presentation