The USAID GHSC-PSM Project is the primary vehicle through which USAID provides supply chain Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service to 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) Improve Ghana’s management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
• The Regional Family Planning, Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition Program Officer will report directly to the USAID GHSC-PSM Public Health Programs Team Lead and will provide technical support to and liaise with the Ghana Health Services and other counterparts to ensure in-country contraceptive family planning, maternal neonatal and child health commodity availability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Provide technical assistance and logistical support for supervision of family planning, MNCH and Nutrition commodity distribution, liaising closely with the GHS to ensure commodity availability.
• Coordinate and provide technical support to the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in regional level quantification of family planning, MNCH and Nutrition commodities.
• Regularly report on stock status of commodities, as well as health facility performance as relates to FP/MNCHN commodity in prioritized facilities in identified Districts.
• Conduct monitoring and supportive supervision visits to facilities in the region to provide supply chain on-job-training and monitor performance to ensure continuous commodity availability.
• To provide technical assistance and logistical support to the GHS in FP/MNCHN commodity distribution to ensure adequate stocks to meet client needs.
• Assist with preparing regional specific work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports and other related communications.
• Provide technical support to facilities to ensure GhiLMIS system use to promote timely and accurate reporting.
• Collaborate with other USAID Implementing partners to improve MNCHN supply chain functions and capabilities in the zones of influence and network of practice.
• Support regional supply chain governance structures and technical working groups with facility data analytics for improved regional level FP/MNCHN supply chain decision making
• Inform leadership of potential short-term technical assistance needs as required.
• Perform other duties as required and assign
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in health systems, public policy, supply chain, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred.
• Experience building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and regional levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 29 April, 2022