• Under the overall supervision of the Head of Nutrition in Accra, the Nutritionist will be expected to perform the following duties:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate the establishment of the SUN Business Network and work with the private sector to reinforce promotion of healthy diets as part of the overall nutrition strategy
• Closely work with the Supply Chain unit to identify and implement market development strategies to address bottlenecks in the nutritious food supply chain including for voucher programmes.
• Support creation of consumer-driven demand for healthy diets including fortified foods.
• Support the nutrition integration programming by ensuring effective linkages with the social protection and food systems pillars.
• Provide project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities as may be required, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
• Liaise with cooperating partners to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness, and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to project delivery
• Contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs, for example the production and review of training materials.
• Prepare regular progress reports and contribute to preparation of corporate and donor reports.
• Perform other tasks as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Academic Qualifications
• Advanced University degree in Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, or related field.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
• A minimum of three years of postgraduate professional progressive experience in nutrition Public Health Nutrition, or related field.
• Experience working with governments on developing nutrition policies and/or implementing a nutrition programme (within food security or health).
• Experience working with the private sector to promote nutrition
• Experience in implementing Social and Behaviour Change interventions
• Experience in managing government and non-government partnerships
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 03 March, 2022