ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
• As a member of Zipline’s Flight Operations team in Ghana, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that the delivery of medical products to health facilities is done in a safe and timely manner.
• This will involve working with a team of flight operators to conduct regular pre-flight inspections, launching, and recovery of the drones (aircraft).
• You’ll be trained to conduct regular maintenance of the drones and other equipment at our site to support ongoing operations.
• You will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of our daily operations and processes to support the growth of our operations as we scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Launch and Recovery: You will be responsible for the safe assembly of drones in preparation for 150+ flights, perform critical checks, communicate with Zipline controllers in readiness for flight, launch and disassemble drones on return to the Distribution Center.
• Maintenance of drones and ground equipment: You will be responsible for performing corrective and preventive maintenance: scheduled or unscheduled on Zipline’s Aircraft and Ground Equipment. The maintenance includes but is not limited to Aircraft body maintenance, aircraft wing maintenance, etc.
• Troubleshooting: You will be required to follow troubleshooting guidelines for the drones and ground equipment and collaborate with locally-based and USA based engineering teams to troubleshoot and optimize issues.
• Projects: You may be involved in short-term and long-term projects that involve collaboration across functional teams in efforts to scale drone deliveries to 150+ and improve operational efficiency.
Qualification Required & Experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• Diploma or Degree in Mechanical/Electrical /Electronics/ Aerospace Engineering
• Technical Hands-on experience of 1-3 years in an industrial, manufacturing or powerplant would be a plus
• Internship completed would also be considered
• You enjoy working in the field and are not afraid to get your hands dirty
• Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 2O kg of weight over a 12-hour shift
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy work that keeps you on your feet
• Ability to maintain focus during extended daily flight operations
• Comfortable troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues with complex, battery-operated machinery
• Extremely process & detail-oriented
• Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English
• Must be eligible to work in Ghana
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Must be willing and able to work night/weekends
• Must be willing and able to work for a period of more than 45 hours / week
• This is a full-time position based at one of our distribution centers in Ghana
• Must be willing to relocate to any of our distribution centers in Ghana
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 25 May, 2021