AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Drill and Blast Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• To provide direct Mining Technical support services to the AGA operating assets and development projects in order to achieve business objectives/targets and to develop drill and blast guidelines and procedures to optimise ore extraction.
• Assist the Senior Drill and Blast engineer to map key internal stakeholder relationships and value with relevant management routines (communication, touchpoints, key meetings)
• Implement QAQC program for continuous improvement
• In cooperation with Senior Engineers initiate and implement Drill & Blast programs which includes but not limited to the following:
o Drill equipment locations, performance and priorities tracker
o Drill and Blast schedule in tandem with 3 monthly rolling forecasts
o Drilled and broken inventory tracker
• Under the supervision of the Senior Drill and Blast Engineer, provide Drill & Blast planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
• Participate in developing the annual Drill & Blast cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and Life of Mine (LoM) business plans
• Assist the Senior Drill and Blast Engineer to deliver the work of the Drill & Blast function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
• Demonstrate personal Safety and environmental accountability and assist in promoting the Culture across the Drill & Blast department regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
• Work alongside with peers to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
• Rigorously drive implementation of projects assigned to him/her by superiors and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Drill & Blast function
• Assist in developing and maintaining constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, Mining Contractor etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of two (2) years' proven experience in underground mine planning/technical department;
• Experience in DTH rigs and longhole drill design essential;
• Proficient with Mine Planning Software (preferably Datamine and Surpac) and knowledge of MS Office Suites;
• Knowledge of Underground drill and blast design software e.g Ringking or Aegis essential. Advantageous for candidates with Aegis experience
• Knowledge of a variety of mining methods applicable to the site
• Excellent Communication Skills.
Safety (Basic Application)
• Understands key elements constituting site safety system.
• Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioural based observations.
• Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
• Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures.
Mining Production Processes & Practices (Advanced Application)
• Extensive experience and understanding of mining production process/practices.
• Understanding of good production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
• Ability to develop innovative technical ideas/practices with regards to different mining methods and their application.
• Extensive knowledge of Mining Methods and strengths and weaknesses of the methods and the applicable use.
Planning (Advanced Application)
• Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
• Understands advanced principles of mine design including optimization.
• Understands advanced principles of mine design and scheduling to achieve Business outcomes.
• Ability to generate and act as competent person for annual mine reserves statements.
Contract Management (Basic Application)
• Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
• Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
• Can propose, draft, and analyze potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager.
• Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
• Managing oneself - taking ownership of one’s personal development.
• Building effective working relationships - the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
• Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
• Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 10 August, 2022