Twitter is looking for a passionate people manager to take on the role of Curation Lead for Nigeria. This person will manage a team that is focused on quickly, accurately and impartially summarising complex conversations that are unfolding in real-time on Twitter and important to users in Nigeria.
The Lead for Nigeria will be responsible for overseeing the management of the team and driving key projects to ensure the team delivers on its goals and strategy.
This role is located in Accra, Ghana and focused on Nigeria. You may need to work weekends.
The ideal candidate will have experience in people and project management in journalism, content moderation or a similar industry. They will have a passion for growing and developing an ambitious, mission-driven group of individuals.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a deep, non-partisan, understanding of Nigerian news and politics. They should feel comfortable fact-checking content related to politics, social justice, medical science or local news.
They must be able to display an expert knowledge of media law and a strong understanding of Twitter’s role in the world as well as general knowledge across News, Sports and Entertainment verticals.
While this role is primarily focused on English and English Pidgin content, working proficiency in one or more of the following languages is an advantage: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.
Success in this role is measured by:
• Implementing Editorial Curation’s strategy for success on a market level
• Driving Curation’s involvement in cross-functional projects related to company priorities
• Building a positive, proactive and inclusive team culture that makes all Tweeps feel like their contribution matters
• Selecting, training and managing a team of Curators of varying levels of experience
• Ensuring the team has a well-rounded and diverse set of skills and knowledge
• Providing easy-to-understand, constructive feedback to help team and individual development
• Planning and optimizing the team’s schedules and working patterns
• Preparing at least six months in advance for major upcoming global events
• Identify new processes, tools and workflows to improve the effectiveness of team performance
Qualification Required & Experience
• BA/BSc degree or equivalent experience
• Written and verbal fluency in English; other west African languages are a plus
• Excellent written communication skills
• 6-8+ years of experience working at management level in journalism, content moderation or similar
• Excellent understanding of the Nigerian political system
• Extensive experience of using Twitter, preferably as a tool in reporting
• Experience with news gathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News, etc preferred but not required.
A few other things we value:
• Challenge - We work with Twitter's product and standards teams to solve some of the industry’s hardest content problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as a curator.
• Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
• Work-Life Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 12 May, 2021