FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
FHI360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Chief of Party for an upcoming health-focused social and behavior change (SBC) project in Ghana. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana. Local nationals, third-country nationals, and expatriates are eligible to apply.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
• Provide overall vision and leadership for the project and the project team.
• Development of annual workplans, budgets and ensure successful implementation.
• Technical and management responsibility for all project personnel.
• Work closely with other USAID-funded projects in ensuring alignment between SBC strategies and needs of regional and district health management teams, health care workers and clients.
• Serve as the project’s representative to USAID/Ghana, the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, other donors and institutions, technical agencies and other participating organizations as required.
• Responsible for addressing agreement-related issues, including ensuring that FHI360’s financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet USAID standards, and that all activity-procured materials and equipment are safeguarded and prudently and responsibly used.
• Responsible for the successful implementation of the project and for providing general program and technical direction as well as completion of required reports.
• Manage development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree in public health, communication, social sciences, social and behavior change, international development, or a related field.
• Senior project management experience with at least 10 years in the implementation and management of large social and behavior change health projects, with demonstrated experience in health communications.
• Experience in using social and behavior change approaches to promote healthy behaviors and increase utilization of services in at least one of the following: family planning, maternal child health, nutrition, malaria, water, sanitation and nutrition.
• Knowledge of the relevant health issues in Ghana a plus.
• Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to travel locally and internationally as requested.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 28 February, 2021