IFDC is a multinational and independent non-profit organization with over 46 years of experience in profitable and sustainable crop production approaches by combining innovative research, market system development and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, agricultural productivity and food security and livelihoods in developing countries and around the world. IFDC has over the years built a solid network of agro-input producers, dealers, farmers, farmer-based organizations, off-takers and processers around the globe. Because most crop experience significant losses from harvest to consumption, IFDC integrates post-harvest technologies in its strategies to increase agricultural productivity in order to make more agricultural produce available for distribution.
Position Statement of Purpose
IFDC is seeking an innovative-minded candidate who is motivated to work in a projectized environment and enjoys working with smallholder farmers, aggregators, processors, transporters, off-takers, and traders by assisting them to improve on their postharvest management practices to prevent or reduce losses and food hazards.
This position offers the intern an opportunity to learn and practice as s/he takes part in performing the following functions:
- Assist in identifying and documenting innovative post-harvest technologies locally adapted and effective in postharvest losses reduction among smallholder farmers in Ghana
- Assist the NBD team to incorporate appropriate postharvest management technologies in the business concept notes and proposals
- Support NBD and project teams to introduce innovative postharvest management practices to smallholder agricultural upstream value chains actors in a manner that bring reduced losses, high profitability, household food security, and reduced poverty
- Assist in collecting and anlyzing postharvest losses and food wastage baseline data to support implementation and project performance measurement
- When needed, assist in conducting postharvest research
- Support with the development of training and extension programs in postharvest technology
- Assist in preparing technical reports and research articles for publication.
- Assist NBD team to identify funding opportunities to implement projects with an innovative postharvest managemnt component
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary.
- A graduate in Postharvest Technology, Postharvest Engineering, Postharvest Physiology, Horticulture, or any other related fields from accredited institutions
- Appreciable knowledge and skills in upstream agricultural raw materials quality and safety management
- Good communication in English (both writing and speaking) and presentation skills
- Proposal writing skills and a working knowledge of French is a plus
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 4 June. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.