To meet all Customer requirements by:
Managing the GGBL Quality Management System and the Food Safety Management system. To frequently audit processes, product specifications, systems and procedures laid down by GGBL to ensure that quality requirements are met in the Brewing, Packaging and Utilities departments and Product under storage in the Full Beer Store.
Working with Site Management and production departments to continuously implement and improve Food Safety and Quality procedures and standards.
To comply with the relevant Diageo Global Risk Management Standards, Brand Technical Manuals and Heineken Basic Recipes and Process Standards
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
- This role impacts on sales volumes in supply through driving GGBL’s quality and food safety agenda.
- The quality manager is responsible for the Laboratory budget.
- The quality manager leads the investigations of consumer and trade complaints and returns.
- Understanding the implications of own and teams actions on the business
- Understands customer needs
- Builds and Manages the relationships with legislative bodies, suppliers, production departments and the sales department.
- This role has to keep track of the developments and trends in Quality and Food Safety management and legislation in Diageo, Ghana and the world.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Enforce all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Management System related to your department is followed and maintained.
- Manage the Quality Management System and the Food Safety Management system.
- Manage the Quality department and the laboratory.
- Be part and play an active role in the site management team concerning quality and food safety issues.
- Retain good relationships with the legislative bodies and key stakeholders concerning quality and food safety.
- Support production departments in the development, implementation and training of Quality and HACCP procedures, forms and reports.
Qualifications and Experience Required ?
- Excellent knowledge of Diageo, IBS and risk management processes and policies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good auditing skills
- Change management skills
- Computer literate
- Influencing / Relationship Building skills
- Minimum of BSc grade or equal experience in chemistry, process technology, biochemistry, food technology or any related study.
- Knowledge of the Beer industry or experience in Quality management in other Food / Beverage industries.
- Able to lead or work effectively in cross-functional teams
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities
- The use of inappropriate language.
- Inability to manage people for success