Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Job Title: Environmental Scientist
Golder, a member of WSP, is seeking to add an Environmental Consultant to its Ghana operation. The successful candidate will be an experienced consultant with a proven record building business and leading technical teams. He/she will be available and medically fit to travel to project sites, work in a team environment and apply a high degree of problem-solving in the execution of duties. Ghanaian National or holder of a valid transferrable work permit will be an advantage.
Key Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
- Assist on small and large-scale integrated ESIA projects.
- Play a co-ordination role on projects, assisting with the management of budgets, invoicing, deliverables, and project teams.
- Attending meetings with the project manager, clients, authorities, and team members.
- Assist in writing proposals and reports.
- Undertake site visits and fieldwork (this may require working away from home from time to time).
- Deliver quality work, on time and within budget.
- Interacts effectively and regularly with the direct line of report and project managers.
- Delivery driven and consults team leader and senior staff when required.
- Technically astute with a high attention to detail.
- Articulate with the ability to write well.
- Has a ‘safety first’ approach and demonstrates a positive health and safety awareness.
Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
Preferred minimum qualifications and skillsets include:
- A minimum of a postgraduate degree qualification in a recognised environmental. Research-based MSc will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office suit of programs, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Your Benefits At Golder Will Include
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package;
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder’s 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.