Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Job Title: Senior Social Scientist
Golder is seeking a Senior Social Scientist in its Ghana operation. The successful candidate will be an experienced consultant with a proven record building business and leading technical teams. They will be available and medically fit to travel to project sites, work in a team environment and apply a high degree of problem-solving skills in the execution of duties. This full-time position will be based in Accra.
Key Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
- Provide visible leadership is HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environmental) stewardship.
- Lead the team on all specialist social studies across projects.
- Develop strong client interactions and business development on social studies and advisory type of works.
- Lead stakeholder engagement and social assessments.
- Write proposals for environment and social projects.
- Support the execution of environmental and/or social projects including:
- Write and/or review environmental and social impact assessment reports.
- Prepare and implement Social Action Plans on related projects including resettlements and due diligence requirements.
- Perform audits and provide specialist opinion and recommendations to clients.
- Provide training support and mentorship to peers and junior social scientists.
- Lead the social team to successful delivery of projects through gathering and interpretation of field data, delivery of written reports and assist in project management and administration.
- Work closely with line manager and Business Unit Leads who will be responsible for guiding your development in the consulting field.
Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
Preferred minimum qualifications and skillsets include:
- Masters’ degree in social sciences or equivalent.
- Demonstrable and progressive experience in the social sciences discipline (Social impact assessment, involuntary resettlement planning and compensation; livelihood restoration and stakeholder engagement).
- Applied understanding of, and proven experience in international and lender standards.
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in the broad social science consulting field.
- Progressive project experience in Ghana and West Africa.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite of software, MS Project
- A Ghanaian national, or holder of a valid transferable work permit will be an advantage.
- Proven ability to build business and maintain strong client relationships.
- Demonstrate a high level of business acumen, to deal well with clients, work in multi-disciplinary teams, be problem solvers and be passionate about investing in their career growth.
- A high level of attention to detail, technically strong in your specialist field and with a recognised and growing professional profile.
- Strong project management and leadership capabilities.
- Well-developed communication skills, including the ability to write well, and
- Multilingual skills will be an advantage, particularly French.
Your Benefits At Golder Will Include
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package;
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder’s 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.