No views yet
The role of GI-WASH Technical Specialist will serve as the GI-WASH Manager’s representative and the liaison for GI-WASH, to ensure that WV Ghana is represented in all national WASH fora, participate in government and donor WASH initiatives, identifying opportunities for funding, learning and policy influencing and partnerships.
Network with agencies at the Regional, National and Global to foster synergy, information sharing and scaling up of GI-WASH interventions and participate in the development of concept papers, human interest stories and proposals for mobilization of additional resources.
Being a role based at the Head Office – Accra, the WASH Technical Specialist will also work with the GI WASH Program Manager in arranging logistics for all GI-WASH visitors, and Senior Leadership Team and Senior Management Team visits to GI-WASH operations and the GI-WASH office in Tamale.
|Key Function||Major Responsibilities|
|Advocacy and policy engagement||
|Networking and External Engagement||
|Capacity building and system Strengthening Support||
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:· Educational level required :
- Master’s degree in hydrogeology, and/or engineering, behavioral science, public relations, public health, project management, with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position
- Degree in hydrogeology, and/or engineering, behavioral science, public health, project management Experience: 8 years of experience in similar field, two of which should be in the WASH sector
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in managing large and complex donor-funded projects, including strategic and business planning skills and a good appreciation of financial management.
- Deep understanding of community-based approaches, including clear involvement of children, women and People with Disabilities in the hygiene promotion and others sector that are related to WASH.· Ability to build trust and relationships, organize people and manage performance of teams. · Strong public relations, networking and communication, coordination and advocacy skills. · Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English. A working knowledge of French is an advantage· Proficiency in use of a wide range of statistical, Geographical Information Systems, water modeling, engineering and computer software programs for project design, implementation, MEL and information system management · Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.· Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment : Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel : 40% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call : 15%
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 15th Oct. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.
Job Fraud Alert.