Working under the guidance of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for the day-to-day finance and accounting functions of USP Ghana Office. S/he will be responsible for accounts payable functions to include processing invoices and analyzing accounts and tax returns according to local statutory requirements and support overall program budget management and expense monitoring. S/he will also support the accounting unit for all Year end and project specific audit, compiling and submitting supporting documentation. As a member of the USP Ghana Operations team, the Finance Officer will ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial transactions and use sound judgment in assuring all costs are reasonable and in compliance with USP, donor, and local government policies and regulations
Roles And Responsibilities
- Support the completion of month-end close process in close coordination with Finance Manager, including preparation of bank accounts and balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and variance analyses.
- Ensure each payment has the relevant supporting document/s, payment documents are prepared accurately, and processed in timely manner.
- Review expense reports and ensure they are prepared accurately and in line with the applicable policy and procedure and are settled in timely manner.
- Record transactions in QuickBooks accounting system and maintain all financial/accounting records.
- Review and reconcile petty cash in line with the applicable policy and procedure, ensure relevant documents are in place, related payment/report is processed/prepared accurately and in timely manner, and replenishment is done in timely manner.
- Support Finance Manager in tracking/monitoring monthly expenditures against approved budget for all projects and cost centers.
- Maintain good documentation practices of relevant financial transactions including scanning and maintaining a comprehensive and efficient filling system.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of annual or donor audit.
- Responsible for monthly statutory filings – PAYEE, VAT, WHT, SSNIT etc.
- Follow up and maintain records of WHT certificates and distribute to suppliers
- Generate invoices for Services
- Maintain records of all payments and file all Swift advise
- Coordinate with Finance Manager to ensure compliance with VAT Exemptions/ Reimbursements.
- Conduct daily office functions, such us maintaining inventory for laboratory consumables and office supplies.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting
- A minimum 3 years accounting and office management experience, preferably in the non-profit and/or development sector
- Knowledge of applicable local and national rules and regulations, and policies governing financial and administrative processes
- Demonstrated experience with MS Excel, word PowerPoint, and accounting software, experience with QuickBooks preferred but not required
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, show initiative, solve problems, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and remain calm under pressure
- Hard working and attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-management (i.e., motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability) and the ability to project a professional, consistent image of confidence, integrity, honesty, and competence.
- Proven ability to work in a team
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention’s (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully present vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world’s top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 3rd August. 2022