Carbon is a pan-African digital bank focused on serving Africans on the continent and in the diaspora. Carbon transformed retail finance with the launch of its digital app in Nigeria and is focused on democratizing opportunity beyond finance for consumers and small and medium enterprises. From our headquarters in Lagos, and offices in London and Nairobi our expansion plans will position us in 6 more countries in the North and West of Africa in the next 2 years as we continue to focus on providing access to financial services to the “Next Billion” starting in Africa.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly skilled individual who will have primary responsibility for carrying out regulatory financial reporting and accounting activities for Carbon Ghana. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation, management and running of all the Finance activities of the company.
As Finance lead your responsibilities will include:
- Passionately and in a timely manner, accurately prepare and deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, and Board financial packages
- Develop the Company’s internal policies and oversee the design of internal controls and processes, identifying and assessing areas of significant business risk.
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
- Managing all aspects of the month-end accounting close process for the Ghana entity, including reporting status and results to the parent company
- Documenting policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Preparation of monthly payroll including ensuring timely remission of all applicable statutory deductions
- Coordinating with the external tax consultants for the tax filings and ensure compliance with accounting, tax, and other statutory requirements in Ghana
- Process full-cycle accounts payable and manage vendors
- Overseeing the annual audit exercise and liaise with external auditors as necessary
- Managing key stakeholder relationships including Central Bank, Auditors, respective Tax authorities as well as Bank and Deposit entities
- Performing any other tasks as assigned by the management/leadership team
You should apply if you have:
- Passion and drive to disrupt the consumer lending industry for the better
- Proven work experience as a Finance Lead or similar role managing a finance/accounting team
- Strong industry network including experience dealing with banks, regulators, and tax authorities
- The ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting tools, such as QuickBooks and Excel
- BA/MBA in Accounting or Finance or relevant field; CPA/CFA qualification is a plus
- At Carbon, People are the heart of the business, so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to;
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work life balance and offer a remote working option for certain roles.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 19 Nov, 2020
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.