The SBC Media Development Officer will be a mid-level member of the project team and work with regional and local NGO partners, Ghana Health Service, community organizations, USAID and others, etc. to achieve the implementation of an integrated health program encompassing malaria, nutrition, water and sanitation (WASH), maternal and child health (MNCH) and family planning and reproductive health.
Job Title: Social and Behavior Change Media Development Officer
The SBC Media Development Officer will work under the oversight of the Deputy Chief of Party to provide specialized technical assistance to the Ghana Health Service, local civil society and partner organizations to review, plan, develop and implement media based (radio, TV, print and social media) SBC programming.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of rigorous behavior change communication strategies and materials for MNCH, malaria, WASH, nutrition, family planning and reproductive education curriculum prevention programs in all phases from formative research, through design, production, and evaluation.
- Provides technical leadership and design expertise in radio, tv, print and social media material development based on rigorous application of social and behavior change principles and current best practices.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of the project and ensuring completion of tasks and materials development in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 and USAID branding and marketing rules and regulations.
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, budgets and delivers quarterly reports and all other reporting requirements.
- Oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.
- Liaises and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities and builds capacity of local organizations and Ghana Health Service elements through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, training courses and other capacity strengthening activities.
- 4 – 8 years of experience in implementing and managing international health/development programs in Ghana.
Specific Knowledge Requirements :
- Knowledge of state of the art social and behavior change models and strategies and their practical application to malaria, MNCH, family planning, nutrition, WASH and related area, as well as technical knowledge in these fields.
- Demonstrated ability in the creation, design and layout of SBC materials in radio, tv, print and social media platforms to affect behavior change.
- Demonstrated ability to segment audiences and develop programming leading to measurable behavior change. Experience in developing gender, youth and disability appropriate programming required.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, innovative and practical solutions to communication challenges in Ghana generally and in the five northern regions of Ghana specifically.
- Field experience in developing and implementing SBCC projects and programs in Ghana. Experience developing media programing for audiences in the five northern regions of Ghana that have demonstrated impact, at-scale desired.
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective SBCC interventions.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming and management skills. Experience working with creative design agencies, public relations and print production firms. Must have demonstrated experience working with radio, TV, print and social media platforms.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member and well has independently to achieve goals and objectives on time. Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative to ensure project media materials are developed and implemented on time and on budget.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and one or more additional Ghanaian languages required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with partners, donors and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines.
- Language requirements: English and one or more Ghanaian languages
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.