AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently in a redevelopment phase which will lead to a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Database & QAQC Specialist .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Database and QAQC Specialist ensures data integrity of all geological and statistical information held in the database.
- Establish the necessary Database management processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, and being operationally ready
- Provide relevant and reliable geological geostatistical data to enable GIS to build maps and figures for reports, presentations and input to the 18 months plans, by rolling quarter.
- Routinely update and maintain all GIS datasets in an efficient manner while building and maintaining a GIS database for use by multiple departments and users, to provide accurate data to the budgeting process
- Deliver the GIS database activities within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Evaluation – GIS Department and with own team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, CARO etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Geology or higher-level qualification
- 5 years general geology and IT experience.
- Proven experience and excellent understanding of geological data acquisition and storage
- A good working knowledge of databases, laboratories and assay QAQC.
- Knowledge of sampling methodology and analytical techniques
- Experience with GIS and relational database systems.
Applied Geological Methods o Drilling (BA)
- Sampling (BA)
- Logging (BA)
- Mapping (BA)
- Core yard (BU)
- Assaying (BA)
- Database (M)
- Equipment (BU)
Basic Application of the following is required: o Applied Geological Theory
- Business Planning
- Operational Excellence
- Project Management
Basic Understanding of the following is required: o Mine Geology Methods
- Exploration Methods
- Estimation Methods
- Operational Management
- Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, developing others, communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 13TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 13 Nov, 2020
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.