No views yet
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies . As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Reporting to Head of Abuja Country Cluster, the Programme Coordinator is responsible for delivering high quality, coherent and well-coordinated IFRC programming and operational support to the Ghana Red Cross.
The Programme Coordinator ensures that IFRC programme and operational support is fully aligned with the strategic priorities and organisational development of the Ghana Red Cross and will be responsible for quality assurance, oversight and technical support to the Ghana Red Cross WASH programme and other relevant programmes and operations.
Programme Coordination and Oversight:
- Coordinate IFRC support to GRCS with development and general management of Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and any other IFRC supported initiatives in Ghana
- Coordinate strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring of IFRC supported programmes to ensure a coherent approach in the design and delivery of projects, including relevant cross-cutting themes (such as Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA), Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting/ Information Management (PMER/IM) are all incorporated across all projects.
- To lead the process of effective, timely and comprehensive reporting to partners and back donors in collaboration with the respective technical counterparts of GRCS and IFRC
- To ensure programmatic approach is in line with IFRC policy, framework, standards, tools etc., such as the IFRC ONE WASH, Africa Strategic Roadmap, Areas of Focus (AOFs) and Strategies for Implementation (SFIs).
- Promote the effective use of community engagement and accountability tools and processes in developing operations in Ghana.
- Assist the NS to develop systems to ensure the rigorous monitoring of Health and WASH and any other IFRC programme at all levels.
- In collaboration with the NS, ensure NS programmes activities are well coordinated within the movement and external partners.
- In collaboration with the Country Cluster team and the NS, support the evaluation of the operation.
- Contribute to wider organisational learning from the operation.
- Facilitate partnerships with potential donors, including private sector organisations, to scale up NS operations in the country.
- Manage staff under supervision, and ensure they deliver agreed outcomes on time and on budget * Lead planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for programmes under direct responsibility.
- Lead the process of effective, timely and comprehensive reporting to partners and back donors in collaboration with the respective technical colleagues.
- Provide technical guidance, oversight and support to personnel in implementing IFRC-funded activities, ensuring the application of IFRC policies, procedures, and standards
- Develop emergency plans of actions, DREF requests and Emergency Appeals where required.
- Assume budget holder responsibility of the relevant budgets and ensure appropriate control on income and expenditures versus plans and guarantee sound planning and financial management in accordance with IFRC policy, standards, and practices
- To contribute to upholding the Secretariat`s policies, procedures and management system within the Country Office and support their improvement and review as necessary.
- Promote a culture of performance and continuous learning to improve the accountability and impact for vulnerable people.
- Represent the IFRC in relevant national and international engagements and meetings as required.
- Support the Head of Country Office in all other matters related to the IFRC activities in Ghana. Be prepared for changing working conditions and reasonable adjustments of the job description during the mission.
- Relevant Master’s degree (such as Public Health, Development Studies, Social Sciences, etc.) – Required
- Relevant university degree in Civil or Water Engineering (WASH) and hygiene promotion or similar fields – Required
- Professional qualification in WASH operations management – Preferred
- WASH FACT/ERU/RDRT specialised training – Preffered
- Basic Delegates Training Course, WORC, IMPACT or equivalent knowledge – Preferred
- At least five years of experience developing and managing the development and humanitarian programmes, including personnel, budget and financial management to ensure compliance.- Required
- Proven field working experience in complex emergencies of managing international humanitarian operations, particularly in the public health context – Required
- Experience in reporting and proposal writing – Required
- Experience in donor/partner relationship management – Required
- Experience working for a humanitarian aid organisation in a developing country – Required
- Experience of working for Red Cross/Red Crescent – Preferred
- Self-supporting in computers
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, meet deadlines and travel extensively to support field operations or training.
- Good knowledge of WASH management, as well as mechanisms, tools and guidelines for programming and coordination at different levels.
- Good analytical thinking skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing training and facilitating and in preparing and making presentations.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Capacity to influence people.
- Good Knowledge of the region and capacity to practice political and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- A broad understanding of global humanitarian issues.
- Fluently spoken and written English – Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) – Preferred
- National Society and customer relations
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- Creativity and innovation
- Empowering others
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 8th Sept. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.
Job Fraud Alert.