Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Are you able to excellently conduct the safe troubleshooting, replacement, repair, testing and general maintenance of electrical and instrumentation production equipment and systems, according to electrical codes and specifications, to optimize plant processing and production.
If the answer is “Yes” then you are the person we are looking for. You must be Detail focused, Reliable, Safety Conscious, and an excellent team player, one who is able to work well under pressure and follow through on tasks.
Main Responsibility Areas will include;
- Electrical Maintenance
- Solutions Analysis
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Execute on electrical maintenance tasks for completion, arising out of schedules received from the C&I Supervisor.
- Conduct daily work planning around STP’s, JHA/FLRA.
- Diagnose and repair electrical power and control systems, AC V/S drives and associated electrical equipment in line with approved maintenance standards.
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair activities, in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Read and utilize electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, single line diagrams and circuit diagrams.
- Utilize hand tools, portable electrical tools and maintenance shop equipment safely and effectively.
- Test repaired equipment to determine the extent of effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of MCC’s, motors and drives.
- Confirm that tag-outs / lock-outs are in place when disconnecting / connecting and removing electrical motors.
- Monitor substations in the plant and carry out any maintenance procedures.
- Attend to breakdowns and power outages.
- Participate in regular (i.e. daily) safety leadership efforts, contribute/attend all safety meetings and ensure safety standards are adhered to.
- Diploma or relevant certification in Electrical Engineering.
- Electrical Trade Test Certificate.
- Strong knowledge of applicable electrical codes and process instrumentation
- Sound knowledge of electrical maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ electrical maintenance experience in a mining plant / process environment.
- Wide ranging experience across various voltage electrical works – extra-low, low and high.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills (SAP, MS Word, Outlook and other Windows applications).
- Ability to develop / maintain electrical distribution, generation and transmission systems and networks.
- Ability to correctly read power meters and record the readings accurately.
- Ability to manage the quality of operations, in accordance with the quality standards of the organisation and international best practice.
- Ability to work with the following: Electrical Distribution Systems; Electrical Motors ;Distributed Control and PLC Systems; Valves, Positioners, Actuators;Transducers and Transmitters;Digital and Analog Field Components;Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
Position is in a very remote location.The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and high temperature hazardous materials (chemicals and fumes during work at Reagent, CIL and Elution), sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Method of Application Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 24 Oct, 2020