Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- This is a Fixed – Term role to provide technical supervision with respect to new civil construction projects, and maintenance supervision of piping, plumbing, civil construction projects.
- This role will guide business partners in the safe execution of new and existing projects and maintenance at the Akyem site.
Construction Planning and Design
- Plan the daily operations of all building and construction projects at the Akyem site.
- Receive work orders from various departments to begin planning and commissioning maintenance work.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Commission the build of projects upon receipt of design drawings from user department.
- Approve waybills for delivery of materials.
- Plan for site meetings, kick off meetings, and issuing of site instructions.
- Confirm the schedules for the timeous completion of construction projects.
- Complete CMP’s (Construction Management Plan) for approval.
- Raise requisitions for final approval by the Operation Services Manager.
- Confirm and approve resources for projects by business partners.
- Plan and allocate work to building and maintenance subcontractors.
- Organise, supervise and control the daily operations of all building and construction projects at the Akyem site to make sure they are completed safely, on time, within budget and according to desired quality.
- Confirm any construction modifications on site.
- Approve project completion on site.
- Conduct any construction related maintenance work, as per work order.
- Oversee that all business partners and subcontracted workers adhere to Newmont standard operating procedures.
- Inspect all work performed by employees and subcontractors.
- Participate in project meetings to monitor and support project progress.
- Establish and maintain standards of quality control for all work completed on-site.
Construction Budget Management
- Provide input into the annual budget of what needs to be constructed for project works purposes.
- Oversee that delivery is in line with the project budget and timelines, by tracking actual expenditure against proposed budget.
- Verify that all aspects of the infrastructural design and build are accommodated in the budget including, labour costs, materials, bill of quantities.
- Monitor budget and scheduling impacts and report on any variances detected.
- Provide technical supervision for both maintenance and construction projects.
- Oversee that new and current employees have received all necessary training required to perform their work in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Coordinate and work with Project Engineers, E&I Supervisors and other subcontractors.
- Provide information and guidance to complete the build within specified project timelines and budget.
Project and Works Health and Safety
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services by following Newmont’s Health and Safety systems and protocols.
- Maintain adherence to prescribed Health and Safety outcomes.
- Oversee that all work carried out adheres to Health and Safety standard operating procedures.
- Provide safety leadership and lead risk assessments
- Conduct safety audits, risk assessments and housekeeping inspections to ensure regulatory, corporate, site and environmental standards are being followed.
Project Works Reporting
- Maintain detailed progress reports of construction activities and report project performance to Operations Services Manager
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering or Construction
- First Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction
- Strong Project Management knowledge
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and other Mine Engineering Software
- Minimum of 8 -10 years’ experience in a mining or construction environment
- Proven experience managing functional group(s) in a Project Execution environment
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
- Strong cost control skills
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Incumbent is exposed external elements (weather, environment)
- Certain tasks are undertaken after work and on some weekends
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 10 Nov, 2020
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.