CHIEF SALES AND MARKETING OFFICER (CSMO)
GHANA HR SOLUTIONS
CATEGORY: Sales and Marketing
Our client, a leading Manufacturing company is looking to hire a competent and proactive Chief Sales and Marketing Officer (CSMO) to help with their operations in Ghana
The selected candidate will be responsible for the sales and marketing success at Clevel reporting to the CEO. He/She will be responsible for driving future commercial sales success while delivering on current expectations. The successful also be responsible for strategic sales and marketing leadership and revenue delivery for the company across all business lines and channels.
The Ideal candidate will also be responsible for business development, directing and managing competitiveness, pricing, customer service excellence, market intelligence, and distribution and channel strategies. This goal is achieved by providing leadership toward the achievement of maximum profitability, growth and liquidity in line with the company’s vision and values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, main responsibilities of the CSMO are:
• Accountable for the strategic development and tactical execution of the sales and marketing strategy across the organisation aligned with the overall company strategy
• Provide leadership in identifying and developing new markets and customers to achieve business growth.
• Customer experiences related to corporate activities and in promoting the company’s Brand.
• Accountable for the overall development, implementation and strategic management of innovative sales, marketing and brand campaigns and techniques.
• Full accountability for the strategic management of the Marketing, Brand and Customer Experience functions, including external events, above the line, and below and through the line etc.
• Provide mentoring, coaching, development and counselling as needed to sales and marketing team.
• Drive product innovation and renovation
• Continually learn and experiment to ensure commercial success.
• Collaborate closely with leadership to ensure consistent alignment.
• Accountable for sales and customer relationship management.
• Accountable for managing and directing the overall sales efforts relating to customer growth, revenue growth, and customer experience goals – both to achieve the in year and long-term strategic ambitions of the company
• Collaborate across departments at an executive and operational level to meet business objectives and deliver best in class product in market, including Client Services, Operations, and Product teams.
• Protect core revenues by leveraging existing revenue base and related services.
• Grow new revenue streams and sustain revenue growth.
• Develop and manage an industry leading incentive model for direct and indirect channels.
• Development of new business in conjunction with the Innovation & Renovation teams
• Develop and grow exports business
• Marketing, Brand and Customer Experience Function:
• Develop the company’s overall branding, marketing and corporate communication strategies in line with the company’s brand equity objectives, business development objectives and market characteristics and trends.
• Accountable for the development of marketing collateral for marketing events and project sales in keeping with the marketing communication strategy of the Company
• Gather and maintain market insights on marketing propositions of competitors and trends and ensure sharing of insights with the sales teams to directly influence the strategic direction of the company.
• Ensure compliance with corporate governance policies and procedures in the execution of marketing activities.
• Develop and manage branding, advertising and marketing/promotion campaigns for corporate and project launches within budgetary allocations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
• Ensure market leading Corporate Identity and Brand Equity.
• Maximise product margins and profitability
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the CEO.
This position requires extensive travel
Educational Requirements & Qualifications
• Undergraduate Degree in sales, marketing, economics, business, social sciences or other relevant disciplines.
• Postgraduate Degree preferably in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field from an accredited tertiary institution will be an advantage
• A combination of functional expertise, intellectual insights, and change management experience.
• Minimum 10 years of well-rounded sales, marketing and or business development experience in Pharmaceutical and or FMCG Industries in positions of increasing responsibility – with a focus on market expansion and market share growth- as well as minimum five years of experience in a leadership role.
• Experience in a “multinational company environment “
• Outstanding leadership capability – able to engage others around the business agenda, in strong and authentic business partnerships
• Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and customer service management
• Demonstrated experience in effective management of trade receivables to optimise liquidity
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with C-suite leaders, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies.
• Highly strategic leader – establishing critical plans and executing them.
• Highly skilled communicator – both written and verbal, including formal presentations.
• Highly skilled with people leading, helping, supervising, instructing, persuading, mentoring, motivating, communicating, counselling, and negotiating.
• Exceptional sales professional and leader for both internal staff and external partners.
• Highly developed data skills – analysis, synthesis, reporting and decision making.
• Keen grasp of industry issues with strong industry networks
• Minimum intermediate computer skills.
• Passionate customer advocate.
• Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience in developing and growing exports business
1st Otwe Street,
Adjacent to La General Hospital
Labadi Road, Accra
How to apply
To Apply please send CVs to [email protected]