Job Title: Senior Key Account Manager West Africa
- Consolidate and grow existing business and design & implement winning strategies that ensure customer satisfaction, maximize sales and business opportunities leveraging the capabilities of the different distributors in the region
- Support and drive business in countries with no local partner
- Play a coaching /mentoring / supporting role with regional distributors in driving the GeneXpert business (both commercial and HBDC). Provide supervision and guidance through field visits, observation & measurement of results.
- Play an active role in developing the private sector market as well as specific projects/rollout out specific initiatives in the region
- Provide accurate regional forecasts, sales reports, market updates, price lists etc.
- Create & implement effective business development strategies around the polyvalence of the GeneXpert platform
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching & development while comparing sales results to goals & taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Define quarterly & annual sales forecasts as well as KPI’s for each country.
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create & adjust sales and marketing strategies where appropriate.
- Assist with in-country events including attending seminars, clinical meetings & conferences, KOL’s meetings & Xpert clubs as appropriate to drive demand generation.
- Identify new channel partners as and when appropriate and ensure that CPTK process for qualification of partners is strictly adhered to.
- Develop key relationships with KOL’s and NGO’s in each of the countries within the Southern Africa region and identify influential and strategically important reference sites
- Participate in major Congresses – Union & AIDS meetings at which key partners will attend
- Train our partners on Danaher compliance policies and closely monitor successful enforcement of policies on the ground
- Responsible for the performance of sales, marketing and service throughout Southern Africa
- First point of contact for the regional distributors
- Assist in providing distributor trainings and for conducting business review meetings on a monthly basis with our channel partners
- Assist in the completion of relevant tenders in the region
- Check contract compliance for regional distributors and initiate contract renewals and terminations as necessary
- Communicate in conjunction with the marketing team Cepheid information with distributors (timelines of new products, brochures, other collaterals etc).
- Ensure maintenance of a contact database of distributors employees, customers, and KOLs
- Ensure Channel partners work closely with NGOs and maintain good relationships (MSF,CDC,CHAI etc)
- Drive studies, registrations and evaluations as necessary (demo placements, sample requests, trainings, etc.)
- In conjunction with marketing launch new campaigns for distributors and determine effectiveness
- Ensure SAC distributors customers receive quotes in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure strict compliance to Danaher & Cepheid Codes of Conduct for all our channel partners
This role will involve frequant travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Proven record of success working in healthcare industry across multiple African Countries
• + 5 years diagnostics experience
• Strong track record of sales success, specifically in selling premium products
• Exceptional negotiation skills
• Proven record in meeting targets and deadlines
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving & change management skills
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop & coach team members
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
• Strong financial and business acumen
• Team player with proven ability to work cross functionally
• Existing network with high-level Healthcare decision makers is a plus
• Willing to travel locally and internationally up to 40% of the time
• Fluent in French, English is highly desirable
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
Closing Date : 5 Sept, 2020