You will be responsible for the overall development, implementation and progress of strategic business targets including customer relationship management, marketing and sale of Sandvik products and solutions.
At Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology, we offer you a world of opportunities. As the leading supplier of equipment, tools, services and technical solutions in the mining and construction industry we are able to present to you a diverse business that enables our employees to explore their potential and thrive.
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is committed to providing first class services to our customers within West Africa. While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Main point of contact for customers in the assigned Territories.
- Marketing and sale of portfolio of Sandvik equipment, technology and Aftermarket solutions
- Planning and preparation of business proposals and making recommendations
- Oversee the development of key projects and is accountable for the successful startup and closure of the projects.
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities with the objective of positioning the company competitively in the market.
- Conducts market studies and feasibility studies.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of professionals to achieve established sales and business development goals.
- Manages expenses within budget
- Manages forecasted sales on budget, meeting gross profit targets
Safety Health Environment and Quality
- Complies with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products
- Ensuring availability of resources for the maintenance of the Safety Health Environment & Quality management system requirement
- Tracking and reviewing of departmental Safety Health Environment & Quality performance and participating in Safety Health Environment & Quality management review.
- Ensuring that every employee in your department whose duties may have significant environmental impacts, potential occupational health and safety risks, and impacts on quality delivery of service, is competent based on appropriate training, skill, knowledge instruction or experience.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility
- Professional qualification in an Engineering or Mining discipline is a must.
- Minimum of 10 years of mining industry-related experience.
Knowledge of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology offering, Customer base and the mining industry in West Africa.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team in a decentralized organisation.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to create a long-term business development plan.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong level of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to see the big picture, yet focus on the detail.
- Working knowledge of relevant mining applications would be highly desirable.
- Ability to assess and manage business risk.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and listening skills.
- Willingness to travel and work in different locations for extended period of time is essential
- Problem solving/Negotiating Skills.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 7 July, 2020