AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Contracts Specialist – Site Facilities Maintenance .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Contracts Specialist – Site Facilities Maintenance is accountable for the implementation of contract management, progress monitoring and control of contractual requirements to comply with operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Work with Site Surface Infrastructure progress monitoring in gathering information for reports on compliant progress
- Conduct audits of Process Plant and Facilities Equipment maintenance
- Conduct reviews of the contract refurbishment and maintenance function to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Outline to the Engineering Manager and Superintendent Surface Support Infrastructure potential for contractor improvement
- Collate information from respective Maintenance areas and Reliability Department on contractor checks on a routine scheduled basis, carry out regular and spot checks on progress to plan and quality (with subject matter experts, where appropriate).
- Analyze and trend contracted maintenance data to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- Perform routine contractor monitoring tasks
- Gather information on data collected in order to diagnose/troubleshoot contractor work quality and timeliness – contract adherence.
- Actively participate in housing improvement programs and process
- Identify and communicate potential cost reduction initiatives for contractors
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor contractor performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the Superintendent – Surface Support Infrastructure on issues and execute agreed contract improvement projects
- Stop contractor from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe working practice
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Maintenance Engineering or equivalent
- Commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- Paralegal qualification would be an added advantage
- An experienced contract management professional with over 7 years’ experience in management of project contractors
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project and Contract Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Strong contract management and compliance experience
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for the subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- Support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Find innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with a detailed CVs.
Closing Date : 3 July, 2020