AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: PRODUCTION ENGINEER
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To provide direct mining technical support services to the AGAG operating assets and development projects in order to achieve business objectives/targets and to develop drill and blast guidelines and procedures to optimize ore extraction.
- Establish the necessary Production Engineering processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal Production Engineering planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Production Engineering cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
- Deliver the work of the Production Engineering function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Mining and MTS department and with own Production Engineering team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Production Engineering team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ proven experience in mine planning in either an underground or open pit mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department;
- Proficient with Mine Planning Software;
- Knowledge of a variety of mining methods applicable to the site.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Understands key elements constituting site safety system.
- Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioural based observations.
- Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures
- Extensive experience and understanding of mining production process/practices.
- Understanding of good production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Ability to develop innovative technical ideas/practices with regards to different mining methods and their application.
- Extensive knowledge of Mining Methods and strengths and weaknesses of the methods and the applicable use.
- Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design including optimization.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design and scheduling to achieve Business outcomes.
- Ability to generate and act as competent person for annual mine reserves statements.
- Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
- Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
- Can propose, draft, and analyse potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximising performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results,