AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Environmental Monitoring Technician.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Environmental Monitoring Technician .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Environmental Monitoring Technician will be responsible for sampling of water, soil, air, noise and blast in accordance with AGAG Standard Operational Procedures. Ensure quality control and assurance through equipment calibration, recording and trending to determine equipment reliability. Ensure sample quality through adherence to sampling protocols and standard record keeping.
- Implement relevant environmental management programmes as directed by management
- Maintain knowledge of local environmental issues as well as focus on environmental monitoring and compliance
- Sample water, dust, soils, noise, blast, etc. as required
- Record field data in a professional manner
- Provide report on observations made on field
- Provide inventory on consumables in a timely manner
- Maintain monitoring equipment
- Assist in planning for the required environmental inspections and audits
- Undertake inspections of sampling points and report deviations in a timely manner
- Assist with ISO 14001 system and process audits
- Report incidents in a timely manner
- Assist in environment incident investigations when needed
- Participate in environmental education awareness programmes
- Assist in managing the internal environmental permitting processes
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of HND in laboratory technology, Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Science.
- Must have a valid driving license
- At least one (1) year experience in Environmental Monitoring
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation
- Awareness and understanding of the necessity for continuous improvement
Basic legal understanding
- Environmental, Health and Safety awareness
- Planning, hazard identification and risk assessment skills