AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Plant Shift Sectional Lead .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to oversee daily process plant operations and employee performance during their particular shift. The role also plays a significant part in the career development of plant operators by providing mentorship and implementation of career development plans.
- Actively Promote AGA Health, Safety and Environmental actions for optimum performance.
- Partake in actively-driven housekeeping and loss control.
- Complete production plans by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results and resolving operational challenges to minimize down-times as well as achieving throughput (tonnage) and Gold(Au) production targets.
- Maintain discipline and performance management among the members of the shift.
- Take appropriate actions in case of irregularities or emergencies in consultation with relevant stakeholders including plant Operators, Supervisors, Managers etc.
- Maintain set production key performance indicators (KPIs) at the various sections
- Control and reduce operational and engineering costs
- Investigate all appropriate equipment related safety and environmental incidents and implement action
- Build constructive relations with maintenance, planning, reliability engineering, metallurgical engineering, projects and dayshift operations personnel
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Process Operations Lead
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Tertiary qualification in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy, Materials or Chemical engineering or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution
- Certificate of competence from Minerals Commission will be an advantage
- At least 5 years experience and with minimum of 3 years as a Shift Supervisor.
- For candidates without the stated tertiary qualification, 7 years experience with minimum of 5 years as a Shift Supervisor at the required level may be considered.
- Management of plant performance and efficiency.
- Stock management and control.
- Prediction of impending process upsets with possible remedies/troubleshooting.
- Strong and proven decision-making skills.
- Should be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.