AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently in a redevelopment phase which will lead to a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Closure Superintendent.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Closure Superintendent .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
This role supports AGAG to maintain legal and social compliance to operate, through monitoring, measuring, analyzing and implementing initiatives related to land disturbance, rehabilitation and liability estimation requirements in order to meet RSA, permit and closer obligations.
- Establish the necessary Closure processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal Closure planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Closure cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
- Deliver the work of the Closure function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Environment Department and with the Closure team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Closure team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A University Degree in Environmental or Natural Resources Management, Biology, Agriculture or Civil Engineering
- Postgraduate degree in Environmental studies would be advantageous
- Over 5 years working experience in the environmental rehabilitation, ecological restoration, relevant construction or agricultural field, preferably with experience at a supervisory level.
- Experience in erosion control, restoration of disturbed land and experience in bulk earthworks
- A sound knowledge of the environmental laws of Ghana and all permitting processes is required
- Developing a reclamation plan
- Coordinating the development of a mine closure plan
- Compilation, review and updating of reclamation liability estimates
- Compilation of scope of work for reclamation and decommissioning works
- Management and supervision of reclamation and decommissioning contractors
- Conducting a reclamation risk assessment
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results