Teaching and Learning Director
• Develop an approach to effective teacher training and coaching across all levels of the system.
• Plan and coordinate the roll out of teacher training for learning across target regions.
• Supervise and manage staff in delivery of teacher training and coaching.
• Establish and maintain regular policy and technical dialogue with the Ministry of Education and other relevant agencies with respect to teacher training and coaching.
• Supervise the performance of master trainers on a sample basis to determine if teachers are applying the intervention and lessons as planned, and provide structured support to regional and other resource persons for future support of teachers.
• Provide regular support to the Ministry of Education identified teacher training experts with respect to the experience and lessons learned.
• Provide feedback to curriculum developers to further enhancement of curriculum and lesson plans as related to the delivery of the materials.
• Contribute to various assessments related to time on task, teacher effectiveness, and other aspects that play a role in effective teaching.
• Provide support to government agencies and other partners for the transfer of teacher training approaches, skills, and documents.
• Coordinate with RTI home office staff to ensure a regular influx of new ideas, innovations, and lessons learned.
• Integrate IT platforms into teacher training and coaching to be used by various providers.
• Conduct sporadic assessments of student performance to determine the progress, as well as assessment of teacher uptake of the EGL materials.
Educational Requirements & Qualifications
• Masters Degree in education with 6 years or relevant experience or Bachelors Degree and 10 years of experience in developing teacher training curricula and coordinating teacher training activities and inputs.
• Significant experience in education development for reading and math in early grades.
• Established working relationships with education government counterparts.
• Experience in meaningful collaboration with government and ministry counterparts, and local capacity development.
• Proven ability as a facilitator/trainer and manager.
• Fluency in English.
How to apply
Apply by email