At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
To provide treasury services for Vodafone Ghana and its subsidiaries, ensuring treasury policies are adhered to and minimize risks for Vodafone Ghana and its subsidiaries. To minimize redundant cash in Vodafone Ghana and its subsidiaries through effective cash forecasting, management of multi-currency cash positions and communication with Management. To deliver timely and accurate treasury reporting for statutory and management accounts.
Job Title: Treasury Specialist
* Assists, advises and executes processes and activities related to ensuring strong governance plans in accordance with Treasury Policy and frameworks;
* Drives and maintains the delivery for interpretation and implementation of new and amended accounting standards that may impact consolidated reporting of financial instruments, net debt, financing costs or hedging activity;
* Works effectively with the team delivering day to day maintenance, monitoring and administration of treasury systems as dedicated business partners, providing treasury support and guidance across the group;
* Develops and implements controls to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the treasury activities and performance;
* Maintains solid relations and works closely with partners ensuring financing is available, credit limits are managed and in place;
* Uses best practice knowledge to provide treasury advice on leveraging, re-financing and hedging solutions etc;
* Informs and educates internal customers such as the finance function on issues such as hedging of foreign exchange exposures, working capital management or new systems and processes;
* May provide informal guidance to junior staff.
Technical and Professional Qualifications
• To produce timely and accurate cash report to management of Vodafone Ghana
• Deliver the highest standards of Treasury services to meet the needs of Management and staff of Vodafone Ghana in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
• Drive a culture of process improvement, a tight focus on data integrity and excellent service to customers.
• To act as a contact from Finance to the business, interfacing with all stakeholders on their cash and bank related issues
• Ensure compliance with all Group and local Treasury policies
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash flow forecast
• Prepare Daily Cash Report to Group Treasury and Management
• Manage the relationship with partner banks
• Establish best practice for cash management
• Ensure supplier and other payments are made in a timely manner
• Ensure SAP payment files are processed and accounted for in a secure, timely and accurate manner. Performs management of bank reconciliations.
• Ensure Loan principal and interest payments due are paid on time
• To assist in obtaining best Foreign Exchange (FX) deals
• Reconcile Cash, Bank, Loans, Loan Interest and Exchange difference accounts on the Trial Balance
• Reconcile and explain movements between periods on a monthly basis for the management reports
• Comply with TCM policies and procedures
• Prepares daily cash position reporting, monthly “90 Day” cash forecast reporting and month end Treasury Reporting.
Risk Management Process