Manage the end to end delivery of large capital engineering and restructuring projects as well as support engineering delivery in smaller projects as required.
Responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of projects within and external to the factories, until project is handed over to production. This will include but not limited to stakeholder engagement, co-ordination with other functions, project risk management, contractor management, site safety, budget management, installation, commissioning and technology transfer.
The role will cover various aspects of civils, mechanical, electrical and process engineering.
Reports to the Site Leader.
Job Title: Projects and Engineering Service Manager West Africa
- On Time In Full (OTIF) end to end delivery of assigned capital projects adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as number one priority.
- Single point of contact for site projects
- Manage stakeholders and project sponsors (local, regional and global – SC and other)
- Development and maintenance of good OPCO Customer relationships
- Work with the Design and Capability Engineers and R&D to develop Concept, FEED and Detailed Designs to meet the business need inputting local requirements and constraints.
- Develop overall Project Execution Plan and schedules
- Execute projects ensuring adherence to schedule, budget.
- Manage site construction and contractors ensuring Unilever Construction Standards are applied.
- Manage full equipment installation and co-ordinate commissioning.
- Ensure development of standards, maintenance plans and identification of critical spares
- Document project through Unilever internal project management systems
- Support technical transfer – collation and delivery (if required) of training material
- Accountable for managing completion of snag list and handover to factory
Outputs / performance Metrics
- OTIF delivery of Project / Project Portfolio
- Adherence to Cost/Budget forecast
- Safety: Zero accident
- Engineering Degree in mechanical, electrical engineering or equivalent
- Project Management experience in an FMCG environment
- At least 3 years of work experience in execution of capital expenditure project of considerable size (>€3m)
- Factory operational or engineering experience is an advantage
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.