Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint an Offshore Inspection Engineer (OIE) on a permanent basis. The position will be based offshore in Ghana on the KNK FPSO and will operate on a rotational basis (28×28). The individual will be responsible for offshore execution and delivery of the inspection, reporting and condition assessment aspects of the RBI Inspection Plan, as well as the Anomaly & Temporary Repair procedure and the Fabric Maintenance Strategy.
Job Title: Offshore Inspection Engineer (OIE)
The Offshore Inspection Engineer (OIE) reports directly to the offshore Maintenance Superintendent but reports functionally to the onshore Asset Integrity Engineer.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- To manage the Facilities offshore inspection and fabric maintenance programs to ensure timely execution of work in line with plans and budgets provided by the onshore team.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and corporate standards, processes, and procedures.
- Be the offshore focal point for inspection and fabric maintenance activities.
- Act as the point of contact and liaison between offshore operations, inspection teams, FM team and onshore integrity.
- Lead and co-ordinate high quality integrity management activities for the facilities.
- Assure that the integrity management system for the facilities is enacted offshore.
- Provide support and guidance to the offshore inspection and fabric maintenance personnel when required, and support for onshore personnel during offshore visits.
- Provide specialist support on topsides pressure systems and marine inspection activities ensuring industry standards and best practice are applied appropriately.
- Liaises with all departments and stakeholders offshore to ensure the Inspection Plan is embedded in the schedule.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and be responsible for implementation following agreement with Asset Integrity Engineer.
- Provide Asset Integrity Engineer with regular reports, both verbal and written, with analysis and comment on performance and results.
- Previous experience in offshore inspection, with at least 2 years in an Offshore Inspection Engineer role.
- Experience in the offshore oil and gas industry preferred.
- Experienced in Vessel, Pipework and Structural inspection, preferably on an FPSO.
- In depth knowledge of core NDT Techniques essential, knowledge of advanced techniques preferred.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the applicable legislative, national, and international inspection standards for offshore Oil & Gas Facilities.
- Overseas and African experience beneficial.
- Physical aptitude to work in an offshore environment.
- A Tertiary qualification or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Qualified as API510 and API570 Pressure Systems Inspector.
- API579 Fitness for Service Assessments and API580 Risk Based Inspection is preferred.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.